See San Juan Before or After Crusie??

mxylpic

Hi all,

DW and I want to have some time to see San Juan either before or after our RCI cruise in March 2015. Do we fly in a day early and stay a night in a hotel or plan on a late flight out after the cruise? Seems to me seeing San Juan a bit after the cruise would entail hauling our luggage around -- unless there is some place to stash it for a few hours.

TIA,

Ed

___

Coming in a day early (or two!) is fun, and you start your cruise rested and refreshed. This time we are staying an extra night AFTER the cruise as well, so we'll have a hotel to stash our luggage in while we tour.

We stashed our luggage at Barrachina's one time. Got a taxi there from the port, then ate there, did a little walking around. Honestly, it would have been cheaper and easier just to do one of the ship's tours that drops you off at the airport. That's what I would do next time.

Hi all,

DW and I want to have some time to see San Juan either before or after our RCI cruise in March 2015. Do we fly in a day early and stay a night in a hotel or plan on a late flight out after the cruise? Seems to me seeing San Juan a bit after the cruise would entail hauling our luggage around -- unless there is some place to stash it for a few hours.

TIA,

Ed

___

Staying over one night after allows you to fly out earlier in the morning. The advantage to this, is the earlier flights are cheaper. We generally do this and the money we save on the cheaper flights pays for our hotels etc. But I agree that coming in early is more relaxing. The stress of missed flights and stuff is gone.

Hi all,

TIA,

Ed

___

We prefer arriving early pre-cruise touring but it is not always possible based on vacation time. After a cruise, head directly to the hotel you book, likely rooms will not be ready but we have always been able to store luggage. Often we have left a cell number and they call as soon as room is ready.

We always fly in the day before because it's so easy for a delay to happen.

Because we're fairly busy on cruises we like to spend a few days on PR after the cruise to wind down. We usually stay in the Condado area, you can find very reasonably-priced hotels - large and small - depending on the experience you like. You can take day trips to the smaller islands, spend evenings in old San Juan, or stay on the west end for a totally different experience.

If you don't want to stay before and after choose to stay before. It's very easy to make your flight home the day you get back in port (as long as you didn't book an early flight, of course).

But since you're flying there spend some time as part of your vacation - it is a beautiful destination in itself. :)

Edited by blue_water