Southern Carribean Diving

capt06

I am cruising the princess 10 night southern carribean leaving the end of september. I would like to book some good dives in St Thomas, Curacao, Dominca ,BARBADOS,and GUAMACHE Can anyone steer me in the right direction, thanks.

St. Thomas: my first choice would be Chris Sawyer diving, second would probably be a 3 tank dive with Admirality Diving , followed closely by Blue Island Divers (sorry, no link) If you want to go cheap, a shore dive at Coki Beach is the way to go. Use Coki Beach Dive Club

Curacao: I'd go out with Caribbean Sea Sports again. I thought they were nice people, especially since they still went out with less than their stated minimum number of divers needed for a boat trip.

Be sure to come back an write a short report about your experiences.

We did some great diving on most of these islands, all booked by us directly, not through the cruise ship. As long as it's an all day stop, you should have no problem doing a 2 tank dive, and even time for a bit of shopping afterwards. In St. Thomas we used Admiralty Dive Center. They picked us up at the dock. Very professional and friendly. The Miss Hospitality Wreck is a great dive! In Curacao we used Atlantis Diving. Curacao has great shore diving. They send you out with a divemaster that helps you suit up, and get in and out if necessary. They know exactly where to go to find the best stuff. I've never done a boat dive in Curacao. In Dominica we used Nature Island Divers, and they were terrific. Dominica has some awesome diving. In Barbados we used Dive Barbados. For us, it was probably the least impressive of all these islands, but it was still good diving. All these dive shops have online sites. I believe that in all cases they picked us up and took us back to the dock afterwards. You'll have a blast!

Archived