Junior Suites on Empress of the Seas

I am curious about the balcony cabins/junior suites on Empress of the Seas. On my three previous trips on this ship I seem to recall the only balconies were at the stern, above the dining room, and don't remember any on deck 9.

At any rate...the balcony is noted as being 25 sq.ft. which seems rather tiny - not that it matters all that much. However, since I have upgraded my accommodation to a JS I'd like to hear other cruisers comments about the cabins on this deck. Many thanks in advance...bon voyage!!!

We had a deck 9 JS, port side, mid-ship, and my sister and brother-in-law had a deck 7 JS, aft. The D cabins on the Radiance-class vessels are larger. That being said, our cabin on 9 was nice, and accommodated the 2 of us nicely. It felt bigger than the one on 7, since we had a sitting area and the aft JS's don't. The balcony was small, but adequate. We got some nice amenities - full size bottles of body wash, shampoo and body lotion, that my sister and brother-in-law didn't get; our steward told us they were a deck 9 amenity, but we were never able to confirm that. They obviously weren't a JS amenity, since my sis didn't get them, nor were they a platinum C&A amenity, because we know other diamond/platinum C&A members that didn't get them, so maybe it was a deck thing. I know I'm going to ask for them on Serenade this year - our first cruise as diamond C&A members :D

Deck 9 port and starboard are all JS, plus the aft cabins. I wouldn't recommend the aft cabins on the Empress....too much soot.

All cabins on the Empress are small, including JS, and do not compare to other class ships. But the service and attention you get from the crew totally compensates for the size of the cabins, IMHO.

First of all, we loved the Empress. Everything about her was really good.

I sailed the Empress in December and had JS 9644. I would say the cabin is the size of a regular balcony cabin on other ships. It was fine for us and the balcony was also fine. There was no refrigerator in the room which was OK because we really didn't need one. There was a safe in the top of the closet on a shelf. ( the closet was a good size.)

Click below and you can see the JS suites on Deck 9. I choose under the kids playroom because they go to bed early and there was no noise above us at all. I found the cabin was a perfect location. We had an added plus because the entertainers on the ship had the cabins next to us. Marty Allen and his lovely wife, ( the passengers LOVED them. What a great show they put on for us.) and another very nice man who's name I can not remember. :o

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=BR&shipCode=NE&shipProfile=1085&sailDate=1050820&hasNavigation=false

Thanks for the response...I did some research and see where the Empress always DID have balcony cabins on Deck 9...don't know where I ever got the idea they didn't other than that the only ones I could see were at the stern.

I've always been quite happy on RCL and particularly like EOS as the ship is not too big and certainly not too small...looking forward to being on board again in a few weeks!

We fell in love with that ship when we did the 11 night southern Caribbean on her in December. I will sail her again, but not until I can get a JS cabin again. They are all booked up for a long time into the future for the 11 nighter according to RCCL..

In the meantime, Navigator it is. :D

Thanks for all the info. My "bestest friend" and I will be sailing on the Empress of the Seas next Thursday.

It's been awhile since I've sailed one of the smaller ships, but know it will be wonderful -- what's not to love about cruising on any ship!

Archived