Can you bring wine on the Divina?

stanjj111

You can try and there is a reasonable record of people succeeding but the policy is strictly no. MSC don't enforce their policies well.

Providing you are not trying to hide your contraband, MSC will take it off you, give a receipt and return it on the last night. Or they may just let it pass. If you are trying to hide it, the policy is not to return it.

Hi Tim. Would putting a bottle in your suitcase class as hiding it? Or should you just try it in hand luggage, and hope they let it through?

if you put a bottle in any luggage handed over to the MSC luggage handlers and it were picked out then the bag would not be delivered to your cabin. You would have to go to the naughty boys room later to claim it. MSC staff will ask you to open it and tell you what they are looking for. I know this because I put a knife and juice squeezer in my case to make my own fresh orange juice in my cabin. It was just the same type of knife available in the dining rooms, which I immediately replacd it with but it fell foul of the rules. Most people there at the same time as me were pulling bottles of booze from rolled up jeans etc..

From then on the procedure is the same as if your hand luggage is detected at security with a bottle in it.

If it is a full, sealed bottle it will be put aside, receipt issued and delivered to your cabin on your last night. If it is not sealed and certainly if it has been decantered into another container, it will probably be confiscated without prospect of return.

As I said there are plenty of accounts here of people not any trouble taking a bottle aboard, including my own mother who bought a litre bottle of brandy as a present ashore in Malta. She fully expected to hand it over but got waved by. When I heard the price, I went for one but mine was confiscated. We were both on Allegrissimo and they were strictly to take home but it displays the insistency of the policy.

Proceed at your own risk. I would not put any bottles in anything handed over to MSC baggage handlers simply because of the inconvenience of not receiving your luggage in time for dinner, if it is picked out.

What about lemonade? On P&O cruises we usually buy lemonade on shore to have in cabin whilst dressing for dinner.

The policy is strictly no food or drink to be brought on board. MSC revenue protection would rather you buy your lemonade from a bar. There is certainly evidence that MSC security are less bothered about soft drinks - with the above proviso that it is new and sealed.

The policy is strictly no food or drink to be brought on board. MSC revenue protection would rather you buy your lemonade from a bar. There is certainly evidence that MSC security are less bothered about soft drinks - with the above proviso that it is new and sealed.

You are correct Tim!!! This past August I had a bottle of bloody mary mix in my carry on. Once it went through the X-ray scanner,,my carry on and myself were pulled to the side. One of the screeners brought me over to the naughty table and searched my bag. Once they concluded that the bloody mary mix contained no alcohol, they let it pass and told me just to keep it in plain site next time.:confused: