Upgrade/upsell email fairy - very happy

alligirl78

Back in February, we booked a 4F on the Dream for her Nov 30 sailing for $299 pp (4 inside). Couldn't beat the price. We normally do interiors with 4; our DS's are 10 and 13 so we're used to it. I booked ES, just in case, but it has done nothing but skyrocket. Somewhere after booking, our itinerary flip-flopped and prices continued to climb (going to Cozumel first instead of Montego Bay). In the meantime, it's become more expensive to book an interior for 4 than an OV for 4 on this sailing, but still way more than we paid.

Today, I got an email from Carnival offering an upgrade to a deluxe OV for $50. When I logged in, it stated my upgrade cost would be only $30. I called my PVP and sure enough, we upgraded to a 6M for $30 total. I don't mind the riviera deck at all, we're perfectly midship and having the extra sq footage and extra bathroom with 4 in the room?? I am so thrilled with this offer.

We got the OV for over $300 less than it's going for right now as he just added the $30 to our original booking price. Taxes have gone up as well and we didn't get charged the difference either.

YAY for being the only girl in our room..cuz I get MY OWN bathroom!!!! Well worth $30 IMO. LOL

Great Score... I keep thinking about upgrading to a DOV as well. I just really wish the second bathroom had a toilet being the only female I having to share a bathroom with the boys. Sounds like you would understand being the mother of boys.

Back in February, we booked a 4F on the Dream for her Nov 30 sailing for $299 pp (4 inside). Couldn't beat the price. We normally do interiors with 4; our DS's are 10 and 13 so we're used to it. I booked ES, just in case, but it has done nothing but skyrocket. Somewhere after booking, our itinerary flip-flopped and prices continued to climb (going to Cozumel first instead of Montego Bay). In the meantime, it's become more expensive to book an interior for 4 than an OV for 4 on this sailing, but still way more than we paid.

Today, I got an email from Carnival offering an upgrade to a deluxe OV for $50. When I logged in, it stated my upgrade cost would be only $30. I called my PVP and sure enough, we upgraded to a 6M for $30 total. I don't mind the riviera deck at all, we're perfectly midship and having the extra sq footage and extra bathroom with 4 in the room?? I am so thrilled with this offer.

We got the OV for over $300 less than it's going for right now as he just added the $30 to our original booking price. Taxes have gone up as well and we didn't get charged the difference either.

YAY for being the only girl in our room..cuz I get MY OWN bathroom!!!! Well worth $30 IMO. LOL

Congratulations on your sweet upsell offer!

Have a great cruise!

Great Score... I keep thinking about upgrading to a DOV as well. I just really wish the second bathroom had a toilet being the only female I having to share a bathroom with the boys. Sounds like you would understand being the mother of boys.

Uggh..that I DO understand LOL. For $30, I couldn't turn it down. For $300? Nope!

Thanks everyone :) I was kinda bummed that we hadn't received any price drops (not completely because I DID get a great price when I first booked) but I didn't expect to be able to upgrade for such a low price.

Under 60 days...and I'll be sitting in that window, enjoying our view :)