Fares Dropping

Mikey7989

Does anyone know what NCL's policy is on rates dropping from the time of booking? I noticed that the fare I booked a few months ago has dropped about $100, so I'm interested in either upgrading or trying for an OBC for the difference. Any thoughts?

If it is before your final payment date then you can take advantage of the newly reduced fares. HOWEVER, you will lose any promos, onboard credit, etc you were previously booked under. What they do is cancel your prior booking (since you can cancel without penalty) and rebook you at the lower rate. Your final payment amount is adjusted accordingly.

If it is AFTER final payment, you can give them a call and they MIGHT be able to allow you to upgrade to a higher stateroom category, but you cannot get onboard credit or a price adjustment for the reduced price.

Hope that helps! Ask if any more questions!

If it is before your final payment date then you can take advantage of the newly reduced fares. HOWEVER, you will lose any promos, onboard credit, etc you were previously booked under. What they do is cancel your prior booking (since you can cancel without penalty) and rebook you at the lower rate. Your final payment amount is adjusted accordingly.

Not "will" but "may or may not". It all depends on multiple things so there is no definitive answer to that - but yes, it is more common for all the previous perks to go away when getting the lower price.

Yes, it does depend on which office you book through, but not on where you live.

Apologies for my error. I was trying to indicate that if you lived in England for example, you would probably book through NCL (UK) and consequently the idea of cancelling and re-booking would lose the deposit paid

... if you lived in England for example, you would probably book through NCL (UK) ...

Yep, if one didn't know any better. Of all cruises I've taken, I have not booked one through my NCL "home office" in Germany.

Edited by Demonyte