Majesty of the Sea questions

I know these questions are specifically for Majesty of the Sea only but i have these few questions that I can't seem to find the answers on...

-Which one is the main dining room that you go to for dinner? I know they have two places where you can eat for dinner besides the windjammer but my itinerary doesn't say where to go for dinner.I requested for small group since DH is not too chatty during dinner, how many people are we talking about when they say small group?

-I never got a map of the ship on the booklet that they sent us..do we get a copy of the layout of the ship anywhere else except the internet?

-Rock Climbing (Wall climbing) what are the hours and do you need to reserve this early or can you just go there anytime and use it? I imagine you have to sign up for it... same with golf or playing putt putt if they have one.

- Coco Cay, is lunch free?

Thank You.

I hope I can be of some help. Here are the answers in order:

1) The main dining rooms are the Maytime on Deck 3 and Mikado on Deck 4. Unlike the newer ships, Majesty has two separate main dining rooms instead of one big two or three deck dining room. You will be assigned one of those rooms for your dinners at check-in. When I was on her last year, the dining room for breakfast and lunch was Mikado and it was open seating for those two meals during specified hours (listed on your Cruise Compass).

2) Generally speaking, small tables hold 4-8 people. I think we had 7 at our table last year. Also, how many people will depend on which seating you have. We had second seating, which I love. Main seating is more popular, and all of our tablemates only showed up the first night. After that night, they either went to Windjammer or got reassigned to the Main Seating. So, if you have second seating, there is a strong possibility that your tablemates may be on the waiting list for main seating. Big tables are...big.

3) When we checked in last year, we were given a small cardboard holder for our Seapass cards. Attached to the holder was a fold-out deck map. There are also some "maps" (really more like limited directions) near and in the elevators. Don't worry though - after exploring the ship for an hour or two, you'll get the hang of it.

4) No golf or putt putt on this ship, but they do have basketball. Rock climbing does not necessarily require reservations - depends on how busy they are, but you can sign up when they are open. I do not recall the hours they were open however. Best bet is to check it out when you board the ship - the latest operating information will be near the wall.

5) Lunch on CocoCay is a good BBQ put on by the ship's galley crew and is completely FREE (except for drinks, naturally - they have the free lemonade, water, and iced tea though). I recall hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, chicken, salads, fruit. Lots of good stuff - wander in and out of the food area as you please during lunch hours (I recommend getting there closer to when it opens than when it's going to close, as it is POSSIBLE that the food will start to run out towards the end). CocoCay is fabulous - my favorite port on the Bahamas itinerary. If you need an excursion recommendation, you can't beat the snorkeling. Pack an underwater camera!

Happy sailings, and if there are any more questions I can answer, fire away!

Thank you so much for all the info! I thought there will be a golf place or putt putt on this ship, but oh well... I guess i'll just have to try the rock climbing and have DH take pics of me just like the commercial (lol). Thanks again.

I dont know but maybe a large table might work too..

If your husband is not the chatty type, with a large table, there will be more peole to hold up interesting conversations, and might make your husband more comfortable... Just a thought.

I love the Majesty. Even thought some of the other RCCL ships offer more activities such as rock climbing, I just love the whole atmosphere and ship lay out the best. Both my husband and I noticed on the Majesty that the entire staff seemed to take a great deal of pride in the ship, and really went out of thier way to make the guests feel at home.

I have a few pictures of the Majesty. If you click on my name and go to my home page you can see them if you have an interest. When are you sailing?

If your husband is not the chatty type, with a large table, there will be more peole to hold up interesting conversations, and might make your husband more comfortable... Just a thought.

I love the Majesty. Even thought some of the other RCCL ships offer more activities such as rock climbing, I just love the whole atmosphere and ship lay out the best. Both my husband and I noticed on the Majesty that the entire staff seemed to take a great deal of pride in the ship, and really went out of thier way to make the guests feel at home.

I have a few pictures of the Majesty. If you click on my name and go to my home page you can see them if you have an interest. When are you sailing?

Cool pics and room!! We'll be leaving on Sept. 12.

The Majesty has rock climbing. :)

If you want a table to yourself plan on being first in line at the dining room when they start making changes. This is one of the hardest reequest for a small ship to make happen. Last time we went on the Majesty we wanted a table for two since we were celebrating our Anniversary and wanted the more intimate setting. We were given a table for 4 and told they would keep it just the two of us if they could, well they did and we loved it. Agree with a previous posted, if you can't get a table alone go for the big table. You will be able to disappear in the conversation if you don't want to participate. With so many people they will tend to have more to talk about and you might just want to even join in.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived