What would you do Glory or Triumph?

IBRelaxin2

We are planning on taking a cruise before the passport laws take effect so I was searching military rates and came up with these two cruises, but now I don't know which one I'd rather do. We've sailed the Glory before and enjoyed ourself but have never done the Triumph. The only downside to the Triumph is that it's out of Miami which is 2 1/2 hours way by car and the Glory is 30 minutes from here. What would you do?

Triumph November 26th/December 10th we can get $349 inside or $499 Balcony

Miami, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Miami

Glory December 10th we can get $399 Inside $499 Outside

PC, Key West, Belize, Cozumel, PC

We'd like to go back to Belize, but have never been to either GC or Ocho Rios before.

Help. :D

WOW!

For that price, I would do BOTH! ;)

We have only been on the Triumph .... and LOVED that Itinerary!

The good thing about the Triumph is that you are in Cozumel until 11om!

The only thing about doing the GLORY again.... it will feel like Deja View.... the same shows etc.

The Glory is a new ship however.....and a less ride.... which coming home will really pay off.

Hmmmmm....... after thinking, if I were you, I would go for the Balcony on the Triumph for 499!

Catrin

I'm leaning towards to Triumph, anyone done both the Glory and Triumph, I'd like to know how they compare. I was thinking of renting a car rather than parking ours for the week, I think it's even cheaper than the parking rates in Miami.

I done both the Glory and the Triumph but the Triumph was an eastern itinerary. I can't speak for the ports but the ships are very much the same. The Glory is just the Triumph on steroids!!! It's the same layout just stretched. I found the crew to be sooo much more friendly and accomodating on the Triumph. Grand Cayman is one port I haven't made yet, so that would definetly be my choice. Someday I have to snorkel in Stingray Alley.

You'll really like Grand Cayman. Beautiful island with great beaches. You can easily tour this island on your own.

Ochos Rios - Hated it. Spent an hour off of the ship before we ran back on. The locals are tough. Of course, I hear Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is now open near the ship docks so that would be a good way to spend the day:) I would only do a ship excursion here, much safer. It's too bad because Jamaica is really a beautiful place. We just didn't feel safe in Ochos Rios.

We live 20 miles from Port Canaveral and have sailed on both ships. Don't worry about the drive to Miami, just choose by itenerary. The ships are both great, but the destinations are very different. Grand Cayman is one of the most beautiful places we've visited. It is very safe and miles and miles of gorgeous white sand beaches. Ocho Rios was scarey. They had machetes in a basket for sale at the first shop off the dock! Our daughter went to the falls and enjoyed that. If you like tropical music and drinks, like we do, Margueritaville is your place. A Carnival employee told us that is where the staff spend their time when in port. We shopped in the places closest to the ship then went to Margueritaville and spent the whole day. Very friendly and entertaining locals work there. It has a little private beach and lots of charm.

In Winter we tried to get to GC twice. The first time the ship was redirected because of high seas and we wound up in Costa Maya instead. Next trip we made it but the waves were 20 feet. It was rough for a while, but we were not frightened and even went outside to watch the wave action. In Grand Cayman you can catch one of the local buses that go up and down the beach and pick your stop. When you're ready to go, more buses come by. The stingray tour is not to be missed.

The Western Carribean trip is great, but you can get good rates all year for that cruise. A good tip for Cozumel is to rent a jeep. It's inexpensive and you can drive along the highway and stop at beaches and ruins and take your time. We did ruins, beaches, and shopping at our own pace and had a ball driving the jeep. Either way....both cruises are wonderful.

We haven't done the Triumph, but have done that itinerary. Loved Cozumel, but hated Ochio Rios. We're from Melbourne and are going on the 12/10/05 Glory (Eastern Carribean). We went for the military rate also, just couldn't be beat.

We loved Grand Cayman and Margueritaville in Jamaica was fun. Didn't care for Belize or Progresso. Cozumel is our favorite.

DH and I tried the Glory in March and in November I'm going with my sister on the Triumph. Miami is several hours farther for me to drive also but we picked the Triumph because of the itinerary.

We haven't done the Triumph, but have done that itinerary. Loved Cozumel, but hated Ochio Rios. We're from Melbourne and are going on the 12/10/05 Glory (Eastern Carribean). We went for the military rate also, just couldn't be beat.

Where in Melbourne, wow what a small world we live in eh? We did the Glory Western this May it's a beautiful ship but I have also done the Paradise and I think I liked her better. The Glory's rooms are much nicer however, down comforters, etc. Seemed a bit larger. Maybe a better layout. Have fun!! :D

If I had a choice I'd go on the Triumph. It's a huge ship and lots of people but if you have a balcony you can spend time there. The Glory was nice but we liked the Triumph a little more.

Good luck making your decision, whichever you choose will be a blast!

Where in Melbourne, wow what a small world we live in eh? We did the Glory Western this May it's a beautiful ship but I have also done the Paradise and I think I liked her better. The Glory's rooms are much nicer however, down comforters, etc. Seemed a bit larger. Maybe a better layout. Have fun!! :D

We're out Lake Washington and Turtlemound area. It's our kids first cruise and they're getting pretty excited. We even drove out to the port a couple of weeks ago so that our youngest (7) could see what the ship looked like in person. We've heard alot of good things about the Glory, and have always wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean.

We did the Triumph on the Eastern side and it was really great.:) We're booked on the Glory March '06. Did anyone do the Canopy tour in Belize? How was it' date=' scary?:eek:

Luv's Crusin'[/quote']

I'm a new member and don't know much about sending messages, any suggestions?

:confused:

Haven't been on either Glory or Triumph,so can't comment on the ships. We are leaving next Sat,for the Triumph,so will soon know that one. Even without knowing the ship,I would opt for the Balcony cabin,and the Triumph intinerary. I've been to Grand Cayman twice,and loved it. It's a gorgeous island,and they never stay there long enough. We did the swim with the Stingray's,thru Capt Marvin. It was great,and a memory to capture forever. In Ocho Rios,I booked with Ionie McBeam,on line. She is very knowlegable,and reasonable,and has comfy AC vans. She lets you customise your tour with her. She'll take you wherever you want to go. She took us to Dunn's River Falls,which is gorgeous and a lot of fun. This shouldn't be missed. She also took us to a place,where we rafted down this lazy river. We also enjoyed this,and then she took us shopping. There's a ton of things to see and do in Cozumel. I've been there 3 times. Go for the Triumph,I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. :D

We are planning on taking a cruise before the passport laws take effect so I was searching military rates and came up with these two cruises, but now I don't know which one I'd rather do. We've sailed the Glory before and enjoyed ourself but have never done the Triumph. The only downside to the Triumph is that it's out of Miami which is 2 1/2 hours way by car and the Glory is 30 minutes from here. What would you do?

Triumph November 26th/December 10th we can get $349 inside or $499 Balcony

Miami, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Miami

Glory December 10th we can get $399 Inside $499 Outside

PC, Key West, Belize, Cozumel, PC

We'd like to go back to Belize, but have never been to either GC or Ocho Rios before.

Help. :D

HEY IB! I am booked on the Triumph November 26th out of Miami! I can't wait. Where did you come across a balcony for 499? I would love to get me an UPGRADE!!!!! Also, there is a roll call for this cruise in the roll call section. It is listed as November 25th though. Come see us if you decide this is the ship you plan to take!

Holly

Storm....

Check out my webshots for some pics of The Triumph and The Western Itinerary....

There are two different cruises - 2003 and 2004.

(just ignore all the pics of my kids! ;))

Catrin

I have been on both of the ships. The Triumph was my first and second cruises. The Glory was my third cruise (eastern not western). I loved both the ships. The Glory does have the supper club that is not on the Triumph.

I did love Grand Cayman. It was absolutely beautiful. Jamaica was beautiful too but you needed to be careful there. Tough decision. The balcony is good though over the outside cabin.

I used to live in Melbourne, actually Eau Gallie, with a Melbourn address:D I miss it soooooo much, some day we'll move back.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to live in Melbourne, actually Eau Gallie, with a Melbourn address:D I miss it soooooo much, some day we'll move back.

That's exactly where we are. I see your Glory cruise is before ours. You'll have to let me know how it is.

We've been on the Triumph twice (eastern and western) and the Glory (western) once, and I'd do EITHER again in a heartbeat. I personally like the Glory's itinerary a little better because we've been to Grand Cayman several times and I'm tired of it. If you've never been there, though, you'll enjoy it -- especially if you go to Stingray City. I'm in the minority regarding Ocho Rios -- I loved it! :) We did the falls once and river tubing the next time -- I think it's all in what you decide to do while you're in port. Even though we're only 45 minutes from Port Canaveral, I have to say for a $499 balcony, I'd probably pick the Triumph!

we are sailing on the glory 11/5 which is western...i also heard that they have dropped the progresso stop and they are extending the stay in Cozumel longer....guess they took a survey and decided that progresso was not that popular, not much to do and the shopping there was the only plus...

that's okay by me....CARLOS & CHARLIE'S...gimme another shot!!!more time to say lol :cool:

Archived