safety drill

Hi just a question,we dont sail from Malaga till evening on our first day on the Dream,so was hoping to have a look around as we get to the ship fairly early,When will they do the safety drill? Do they do the drill on deck? Do you still take your life jackets? as on some ships you dont? any info welcome Thanks

Life boat drill is now done before the ship leaves port. The timing will depend on when the sail away time is.

Thomson have all passangers done their life jacket and muster at the boat station on deck.

Hope this helps.

Last time I was on the Dream (2011)we had the drill during the morning of our first day at sea and yes we had to take our life jackets with us. Going again on Saturday so will know better then

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks be interested to know,enjoy your cruise

As already said, the drill has to be done now before leaving Palma rather than waiting for the following morning, and you do have to take your lifejacket to your muster station.

On our two times on the Dream (second time was last October) the drill has been at around 8 p.m. with a later drill for people arriving on flights that don´t arrive until the evening.

You should have plenty of time to go into Palma if you are arriving on a morning flight.

Edited by campolady

When we were on in Sept The Drill was done at 21.30 (sail at 23.00) You have take your life jacket to your munster station. If you are on for 2 weeks you do not have to attand the second week. I believe it is now maritime law now since the Costa sank that it as to be done before the ship sails

Yes I agree with everyone, it's done now before you sail, the first cruise we did it was done the morning of the second day, but being so bloody drunk from the night before we missed it, heard the commotion , but thought I was dreaming lol, we got a ticking off and a letter thru our door that afternoon :eek:, but never missed any since, and sorry I don't believe in this women and children first rubbish, if the ship starts to sink, I,ll be the one helping you into the life boat,while standing in it :D, have fun

Muffinman