First Cruise Next Week A Few ?

Hi Everyone-

So excited for next week. I do however have two questions.

1) If we are going to miss dining in the dining room, whom do we tell etc...so that we are not rude to our tablemates?

2) We will be in Miami the day before we cruise. Can anyone recommend a good place (moderately priced seafood or local flare) for dining and maybe even a bar afterwards (don't want a club though)?

3) Best beach to visit in St. Martin (to relax, drink, float in the water)?

Thank you all!

#1. Tell your waiter or headwaiter so they won't expect you.

#2. Can't help other than Hard Rock Cafe at Bayfornt.

#3. Orient Beach. Absolutely beautiful but you will probably see some, not a lot, of nudity. Try to get in the middle of the crescent shaped beach. The end near the nude beach tends to be too crowded.

Bon Voyage and enjoy!

Hi Everyone-

So excited for next week. I do however have two questions.

1) If we are going to miss dining in the dining room, whom do we tell etc...so that we are not rude to our tablemates?

Tell your waiter, he'll take care of the rest. It wouldn't hurt mentioning it to your tablemates although since they aren't your travel companions, it's not really necessary IMO.

2) We will be in Miami the day before we cruise. Can anyone recommend a good place (moderately priced seafood or local flare) for dining and maybe even a bar afterwards (don't want a club though)?

My personal favourite is Monty's in Coconut Grove. It's also a great place to stop for a drink. Many on this board suggest Bubba Gumps, but to be honest, I found it to be very ordinary.

3) Best beach to visit in St. Martin (to relax, drink, float in the water)?

Orient Beach is lovely but keep in mind that part of it is clothing optional. If this bothers you, you can still enjoy the beach. Just keep to the left side and you'll be fine.

Thank you all!

Have a great time and let us know all about it when you get back. :)

Beth

that is a good question. On our last cruise we didn't really know until that evening that we would miss dinner. We were late getting back to the ship. We just opted for the Windjammer. I would hate to tell our waiter we might not be there and then show up. But maybe that is better? We were at a table by ourselves so we didn't inconvenience any other guests. But the waiter asked us the next night where we were. We told him and he seemed fine with it. I guess we'll just have to be more careful this time.

Archived