Downgrading

diddy02

Can someone please tell me what happens when you want to downgrade? We are travelling next week on the Mariner and had booked a RS. I have now noticed that the prices have been reduced for all cabin types and the OS is now $5000 cheaper! I have phoned our TA and am waiting for her to call back but I wanted to ask the experts first. This will only be our second cruise so we do not have much experience with all this.

Are YOU the one with the Royal Suite on 8/28? :D

I just upgraded to an OS from a GS two days ago on that cruise because the pricing was INCREDIBLE....$500 less than the GS, even after I had four price reductions already for the GS. So I understand wanting to save some money!

There's only ONE OS showing as available right now on that date, they got snatched up fast, so hopefully your TA was able to grab it for you...for the price difference, you could book another cruise. Good luck. :)

OH, as far as what happens, RCCL should refund the difference to you, your agent will lose part of her commission, you'll need to do a new Set Sail Pass with your new room on it...that's pretty much it. Change your luggage tags to your new room too. There's no need for new documents (they would cost $35) as long as you've done the online documentation and check-in.

We got the last OS! You were right there was only one left so I got onto my TA who had ignored my calls all morning and she changed it. I was looking forward to the RS but $5100 was saved. I don't like pianos all that much anyway.

So thanks very much to this forum as without it I would not even thought of checking the prices.

We got the last OS! You were right there was only one left so I got onto my TA who had ignored my calls all morning and she changed it. I was looking forward to the RS but $5100 was saved. I don't like pianos all that much anyway.

So thanks very much to this forum as without it I would not even thought of checking the prices.

Glad it worked out for you.

Archived