Upgrade fairy strikes (I HOPE)

rt1092

It's not a matter of worrying. A couple of years ago. We were on a cruise and in the middle of the first night our toilet started erupting like Mt Vesuvius. It overflowed on the rug in the cabin And it was wet for half the cabin. They stopped the running toilet (it wasn't stopped up just something else wrong) The next morning they came back and due to the wet rug moved us from a balcony to a JS. Even though they said they were sold out.

If we have the cabin we booked fine, if not they can upgrade us. Or if they mistakenly canceled I'm sure there will be some Royal perks in store. We will be half way to "pineapple" soon I'm sure they won't want to upset us.

Ha ha, everyone is panicking but you! I love your attitude, good on you.

OP, a number of people (myself included) have asked why you don't just log into your RC account and check your cabin number. You are D+ so must be familiar with this.

We were upgraded earlier this year without any contact and I only found out when I logged in to my account 10 days from our sailing. Just log into your account and your cabin number will be listed - if it's the same as it was you haven't been upgraded if it's different (and an upgrade!) you have.

Simple :)

Like I posted before. I have logged in to "my cruises" and nothing has changed. At this time.

But as I also stated I have changed cabins many times and sometimes they update it right away other times it takes almost 2 weeks to get the correct info.

To the poster that just picks the "cabin they want". Great for you.

I book the cheapest cabin I'll be comfortable with. Then if another deal comes up Ill change cabins. This cruise (7 night western) we got for 299 pp.

I'm just going to let it ride. I know that Royal internet has changed dates when you click on them. I always double check. I even had a loyalty ambassador. make a reservation for 2 cabins for my wife,myself and my MIL and it was the same ship but 2 different sail dates. No problem because I just booked to use as a nextcruise.

I will call them a week or so before the cruise. I'm retired and if they were to mistakenly cancel it would not be a big thing. No airfare involved. I'm sure Royal will do the right thing.

The cabin we have booked has not been on the available list since yesterday. So either they caught their mistake or we will get an upgrade. No problem either way.

Wow you book a cruise and now you don't care if you go or not.

I have a care free attitude but I wouldn't in this case.

Paid in full. They better have not canceled it. I don't see the cabin up anymore. But someone could have put it on hold.

I'm not going to call them. I've kept my part of the agreement (paid in full). The ball is in their court.

I remember our last cruise someone had booked an OV guarantee. They gave them an inside and a paltry sum of onboard credit. They said there was nothing they could do, they didn't allow the person to cancel without penalty. Upon arriving at the ship a balcony magically appeared.

You are not serving your own interests very well in this situation by being an ostrich.

:eek:

I am speechless. With the recent news of passengers in Suites being informed they are no longer in suites, and reservations being canceled due to a bogus repricing (after final payment), I am of the belief that you have to constantly check your travel plans. Caveat emptor, for crying out loud.

I, too, would be interested to know why you bothered to post at all. :confused: (FYI, your C&A status has nothing to do with it -- the computer does not check your loyalty status before mistakenly making changes to your reservation.)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Asking for the names of travel agent websites, or offering to email the names to other members is against the community guidelines of this website. Continuing to do so many cause the loss of your posting privileges in the future. Thanks for your future cooperation.