Vancouver - transport from Hotel to Port - luggage and 3pax

spazwok

Hi

We are booked into the Sutton Place hotel prior to an Alaskan cruise next year and I was wondering the best way to get from the Hotel to the Port. I can see on google maps that its not very far at all, about a 10 minute ride. I was thinking that a taxi would probably be the best option but I was wondering if there were big taxis or if we would need to go in two or maybe three. And if that's the case would it be better to book a transfer with a car service in an SUV?

We are 3 adult passengers, we will have potentially 3-5 large suitcases. This cruise is at the very end of a 6 weeks vacation in the US. And although we're only leaving with 3 suitcases, I can imagine we might do some shopping along the way and have many more by this stage in the vacation.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards

spazwok

I've just noticed the same in Seattle, our hotel isn't too far from the cruise port so have the same query.

Which pier are you leaving from? There are two different ones.

We stayed at The Inn At The Market last month for our pre cruise. Our ship was at Pier 66. It also is within walking distance BUT with suitcases and the up hills and down hills we took a taxi for less than 10.00. It was worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Westin Bayshore and the cab was less than $10. If your hotel has a doorman, he can summon a minivan type taxi for you; if there's no doorman, the first taxi in line can call for a larger cab if he can't accommodate all of you.

Thanks both! This advice is excellent. I can't for the life of me figure out which port we're departing from so I hope it's on the cruise documents when I get around to completing the check in process.

It's celebrity if that helps.

I think we'll grab the taxi option, seems like the best choice.

Appreciate the responses.

Thanks both! This advice is excellent. I can't for the life of me figure out which port we're departing from so I hope it's on the cruise documents when I get around to completing the check in process.

It's celebrity if that helps.

I think we'll grab the taxi option, seems like the best choice.

Appreciate the responses.

If it's Celebrity then it is not Pier 66. I think it's 92 or 99.?