horseback riding in st maarten?

Hello... Lisa here. We will be going on eastern caribbean in january 2007.. ( long way off, i know, but planning a family reunion at sea), adn we are interested in horseback riding on st. maarten. while we have found 2 stables on the island, we are concerned with getting from the ship to the stables in the short time we will have. ship docks at 7 am.. have to be to the stables ( near the butterfly farm) at 8:45.. has anyone done this? any info will be appreciated.

thanks,

Lisa

twinmom38@aol.com

Hey there!! I didn't go via a cruise but if you take a taxi (go to traveltalkonline.com and find a driver through the forum.. this way he is waiting for you when you get off the ship!) and get off right away you should be ok. The horseback riding is beautiful. Our guide allowed us to actually go in the water with the horse and ride while he swan. This is a little tricky though as my horse wanted to roll around.. hence I ended up in the water alone! Have a great time!!

Hey there!! I didn't go via a cruise but if you take a taxi (go to traveltalkonline.com and find a driver through the forum.. this way he is waiting for you when you get off the ship!) and get off right away you should be ok. The horseback riding is beautiful. Our guide allowed us to actually go in the water with the horse and ride while he swan. This is a little tricky though as my horse wanted to roll around.. hence I ended up in the water alone! Have a great time!!

Our guide in St. Maarten was named 'Brown'. My horse was named Rocky and he dumped me a couple times on the Beach.

Archived