Have you ever attended "On Stage Alaska?"

JimAOk1945

We were on the Amsterdam in May 2014 for her first of those cruises. Wonderful experience, especially since we accepted an upsell to a balcony cabin.

Be sure you read lots of posts in the Alaska forum. Those people are knowledgeable and experienced. I got lots of help there before our cruise, especially from BudgetQueen.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will do that. The 14 day itinerary is very appealing since it includes ports we haven't visited on our previous Alaska cruises.

Yes, we've attended several OnStage Alaska presentations and they are quite informative.

Two notes:

- They are sponsored by a # of agencies, not just AAA

_If you get to attend one given by Monte and JoAnn, you won't be disappointed (they are long-time Alaska friends of Jeff's -- and it's rare to find someone more passionate or informative about Alaska.)

Yes, we've attended several OnStage Alaska presentations and they are quite informative.

Two notes:

- They are sponsored by a # of agencies, not just AAA

_If you get to attend one given by Monte and JoAnn, you won't be disappointed (they are long-time Alaska friends of Jeff's -- and it's rare to find someone more passionate or informative about Alaska.)

Thanks for your input. This is our first time hearing about it. We are looking forward to it.

I took a look at your blog. I'm going to go back later as I have time and read some more. It's great information.

Edited by JimAOk1945

It will be interesting to see which ship will be doing the 14 day itinerary in 2016. What are the chances it would be the newest ship, the Koningsdam?

Not good. Since it goes up the Cook Inlet and docks in Anchorage it has to deal with the tides in that area. I'm pretty sure that itinerary would require one of the smaller ships. The Amsterdam was perfect.

Not good. Since it goes up the Cook Inlet and docks in Anchorage it has to deal with the tides in that area. I'm pretty sure that itinerary would require one of the smaller ships. The Amsterdam was perfect.

I think we will be so happy to be on this 14 day itinerary that it really won't matter which HAL ship we cruise on! :D

Thanks for your comments.