Sheraton Yankee Clipper

brightside

Trent,

I have been one of your behind the scene fans, and appreciate the advise you have given for hotels in FLL. ;)

I see you speak of many different issues but I was hoping you could help me with this one. :confused:

We will be cruising on April 30th of next year. (Looking for an overnight pre-cruise in FLL).

I have noticed a lot of people using Priceline and with good results. However, I"m not sure but I think at the end of April first of May FLL holds an air and sea type of show which most hotels are filling up fast. I don't think Priceline will offer any great deals because of the demand? But we did put on hold The Yankee Clipper and just noticed you did recommend the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street. Both have availability. I quess my question is which one would you recommend? The prices are not that much different, however AAA has not given their price to the Yankee Clipper yet so not sure what the bottome line will be.

Thank you Again,

Brightside (Jackie):D

The AirSea show is traditionally the first weekend of May, and the hotels do fill up along the beach... http://www.airseashow.com/

Sheraton Yankee Clipper is a bit old and tired. It's suppose to be remodeled sometime "soon", but I haven't noticed an actual start date yet. It's on the beach, and is a more full service hotel. It's a rather long walk (or short cab ride) to any shops or restaurants from there though.

Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street is a much newer hotel, but is a budget hotel with no pool. It's location is great if you don't have a car as you can easily walk to many many different shops, restaurants, drug, grocery and liquor stores. It's only a block from the entrance to Port Everglades and is right in the middle of everything.

If it were me, and I just wanted a room for a night pre-cruise, I'd go with the Holiday Inn Express over Yankee Clipper.

Trent,

Thanks for your response!

:rolleyes: I was also wondering Trent if either one of these hotels have a view of your ship coming into port? And also, how far is the beach from the Holiday Inn Express?

Thanks,

Brightside (Jackie)

Holiday Inn Express is about a mile from the beach. I suppose you could see the ships coming in from some rooms at Yankee Clipper, but it wouldn't be a very good one, and you would only see them out at sea, or perhaps the tops of them in port. I don't think you can at all from Holiday Inn Express. I think the building next door blocks the view.

If you want a great view of the port and all the ships you need to go with the south side tower rooms in either the Marina Marriott... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLFL

Or Hyatt Pier 66... http://pier66.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

I just stayed at the embassy suites for 3 days and i really liked it. They have the free breakfast, happy hour with popcorn and drinks, and i very nice pool. The Hotel is going to be remodeled, starting jan 06. They are doing the top half floors in 06 and then bottom floors in 07. I would def stay there again i liked it very much. If you are a hilton honors member you will be put in the remodeled suites.

Archived