Sunshine 5 night August 31st "Pick up your feet!"

hartsnvt

Quick Background: In April of 2013 my DH and I moved from Vermont to Florida to become caregivers for my Mom, who has Alzheimer's and moved down from CT. Last August (2013) she went to visit my sister in CT and DH and I went on our Anniversary cruise on the Sensation. This year my sister could not take her so we decided to bring her along on our 10th anniversary cruise. Let the fun begin!

Because Mom likes a tub to bathe I decided on an OS. I lucked out by discovering that cabin 5340 is a 2 room suite! So we had our privacy in a separate bedroom and Mom had the queen size pull out bed in the large living room. (very comfy!). This worked out splendidly as we had some privacy and it kept her from accessing the very small balcony unless we were with her.

I am going to keep this short and sweet! (i Hope!)

Embarkation in Port Canaveral: We had priority boarding because of the suite. ( That was the beginning and end of the suite perks). We parked in the garage for $90 (we did not want the hassle of off port parking with Mom), made our way swiftly through security with our small wheeled suitcase filled with water and coke,( the soda folks, not the drug). They never even opened it. (Maybe they just knew that we wouldn't be smuggling booze as we had an 83 year old lady with us).

We got on board about 11:30 and missed the Welcome aboard photo because they did not have it set up yet. Personally I like that photo and it would have been a great one with Mom in it. Our room wasn't ready until 1:30 so FTTF would have been a smart choice so we could have settled down in the cabin and had our luggage there to take care of before we explored the ship. (Our luggage did not arrive until after sail away, around 5pm).

We ate lunch at JiJi's which was freshly made right in front of you. I wanted to avoid the crowded Lido marketplace because Mom can get easily confused with so much commotion. Jiji's was great for breakfast and lunch. Keep in mind that for breakfast they make fresh omelets and although the bacon is not out there for you to choose from, just ask! (They keep it hidden in a cabinet below the stoves).

We had an awesome roll call group from another site (130 members) and we brought leis to pass out so we could recognize each other. It was fun to briefly meet a few of the people I had communicated with before the cruise, but it was so loud there, we had to get Mom away from the noise, so we found the "secret deck" forward on deck 7 and 6. It was lovely to sail out of the port with 1 other couple who took our pic.

Ok I was going to insert a photo here but cc won't let me unless it has a url. Can anyone help me with this? I have a lot of pics to post but will not be able to unless I get some instruction.

Quick Background: In April of 2013 my DH and I moved from Vermont to Florida to become caregivers for my Mom, who has Alzheimer's and moved down from CT. Last August (2013) she went to visit my sister in CT and DH and I went on our Anniversary cruise on the Sensation. This year my sister could not take her so we decided to bring her along on our 10th anniversary cruise. Let the fun begin!

Because Mom likes a tub to bathe I decided on an OS. I lucked out by discovering that cabin 5340 is a 2 room suite! So we had our privacy in a separate bedroom and Mom had the queen size pull out bed in the large living room. (very comfy!). This worked out splendidly as we had some privacy and it kept her from accessing the very small balcony unless we were with her.

I am going to keep this short and sweet! (i Hope!)

Embarkation in Port Canaveral: We had priority boarding because of the suite. ( That was the beginning and end of the suite perks). We parked in the garage for $90 (we did not want the hassle of off port parking with Mom), made our way swiftly through security with our small wheeled suitcase filled with water and coke,( the soda folks, not the drug). They never even opened it. (Maybe they just knew that we wouldn't be smuggling booze as we had an 83 year old lady with us).

We got on board about 11:30 and missed the Welcome aboard photo because they did not have it set up yet. Personally I like that photo and it would have been a great one with Mom in it. Our room wasn't ready until 1:30 so FTTF would have been a smart choice so we could have settled down in the cabin and had our luggage there to take care of before we explored the ship. (Our luggage did not arrive until after sail away, around 5pm).

We ate lunch at JiJi's which was freshly made right in front of you. I wanted to avoid the crowded Lido marketplace because Mom can get easily confused with so much commotion. Jiji's was great for breakfast and lunch. Keep in mind that for breakfast they make fresh omelets and although the bacon is not out there for you to choose from, just ask! (They keep it hidden in a cabinet below the stoves).

We had an awesome roll call group from another site (130 members) and we brought leis to pass out so we could recognize each other. It was fun to briefly meet a few of the people I had communicated with before the cruise, but it was so loud there, we had to get Mom away from the noise, so we found the "secret deck" forward on deck 7 and 6. It was lovely to sail out of the port with 1 other couple who took our pic.

Ok I was going to insert a photo here but cc won't let me unless it has a url. Can anyone help me with this? I have a lot of pics to post but will not be able to unless I get some instruction.

Cool start. You can upload photos to a share site, such a photobucket, or snap fish and use that link to upload your pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Herbaltees