Anchorage Pre-Cruise

fpfryer

We arrive in Anchorage about 12:30 AM on 8/8/15 and will need a hotel room. We have a room at the Captain Cook for the night of the 8th before our Cruisetour starts but they want another $326 to stay the extra night. This just seems like way too much for a few hours' sleep.

I can get a room for around $150 with free airport shuttle. Am I being "too cheap" by staying at Hotel X then hauling our luggage to a taxi and going to the Captain Cook for the next night?

Also, does anyone have an estimate of how much it would cost to take a taxi from an airport area hotel to the Captain Cook? Do they have vans that can fit two couples and all the luggage?

Sounds reasonable to me! (and choose an airport hotel that incl free b'fast)

Downtown is only 20 minutes away so it's not like you'll lose half a day by transferring :). Sleep in, have b'fast, take a cab to the Capt Cook, check your bags with the Desk (your room probably won't be ready), then start exploring.

A cab will cost about $25. When the hotel calls a cab for you, they'll specify 4 pax and luggage so that the vendor can send a minivan.