Salon appointments on embarkation day?

Bizylizy1123

We are sailing on the Gem in December. Does anyone know if they schedule appointments in the salon (I'm thinking mani-pedi type service) on embarkation day?

Fire and Ice Mani/Pedi is available to booking online via your NCL. I want salon first night - going to just wait to board - there is no set up for hair salon appointments which is a pity. That was the only manicure I could see.

NCL is you are listening - how about some pre bookable first day embarkation specials??? :D

My assumption is they don't do embarkation day specials as that is when they provide tours of the spa and salon to encourage guests to book services. It would be odd to do a tour of the spa or salon and see people getting services.

Perhaps after sail away they would open for services?

Edited by nets33

We are sailing on the Gem in December. Does anyone know if they schedule appointments in the salon (I'm thinking mani-pedi type service) on embarkation day?

Just go to one of the many nail salons in NYC. Its going to be a lot cheaper and better then what you can get done in the salon.

In the embarkation terminal, look for the ladies from the spa. They will be at a table towards the end of the NYC terminal and have phones to make your appointment before you are ever on the ship. :D

Enjoy!

It would be odd to do a tour of the spa or salon and see people getting services.

That doesn't stop them during the cruise. I've seen them bring people thru every day when we have had a weeks pass