Hi, I’m Julie McCoy, Your TR Director Review of the CB

jenseib

It was now getting to be lunch time so we headed to Horizons and picked up a few things. I didn’t take a picture, but I wasn’t really impressed with most of it. Just basic food. We ended up sitting back near Cafe Carib and noticed it was open and went for a 2nd plate there. They have more of a themed menu there and it was much better. Mom and I actually ate more from there than Horizons.

I only got this picture….the chicken was good…the cake was just ok…but it wasn’t what I thought it would be like, so that isn’t to say it was bad, it just wasn’t what I was thinking it was.

15265818454_da05dcb124_z.jpg

I believe Mom and I separated after lunch. She may have went to take a nap.

15700783650_1ef33f5e16_z.jpg

15265817974_561ca9a60d_z.jpg

While sitting out on the back deck I was right next to the guy who I had seen the first day and thought looked like a farmer. I struck up a conversation with him and sure enough he was a farmer from Canada and actually didn’t live too far from us. A few hours away but in the scheme of things that was pretty close.

15886097121_27e7f706ee_z.jpg

I moved on and took some more pictures.

15887447762_828e18f8e7_z.jpg

15268439803_3d3e4d5a47_z.jpg

15702318077_f00492decc_z.jpg

15887447002_1cf5216c5f_z.jpg

15700782160_df95a745b2_z.jpg

I headed back to our room then too.

15886095661_71926cebc8_z.jpg

15265816454_20b0745fa3_z.jpg

15887446272_1d2a06276d_z.jpg

I am not sure if we rested then or not. I know we did at some point this day and watched some movies on TV. There was a channel that would play 1 movie all day long and we usually would get hooked on it and watch it off and on all day.

Hi Jen! I've really enjoyed your Disney reports, so I was hoping you would be able to get this one started before we sail on CB next week. I know that this report will be full of some great pictures of the ship, and most likely some great stories to go along with them as well. I'm here to go along for the full ride. :D

Just wondering, why is this ship called CB?

Just wondering, why is this ship called CB?

CP is already being used by an older ship Sea Princess.

This is the case with all the abbreviations, if it does not look right then its already being used.

IE Crown Princess=KP

yep! :D ;)

Hello,

I learned the way the ship initials are named many years ago, but I've forgotten. :( But, the reason offered is as good as any. I'll have to google it. :) It's a fair point that the thread or any info on the ship might be missesd.

OIC= Oh, I see? ;)

jenseib, this last set of photos REALLY made me homesick for the ship. We usually sat at the table behind the sign that says "no jumping or diving". lol. And, that area is our favorite spot on the ships that still have the Terrace Pool.

Have a great evening. Lynne

I seem to remember one way to find out the abbreviation for the ship you're going on: go to the Princess website, click on "Learn about cruising" and find "cruise ships" in the pop down menu. The different ships come up and you click on the one you're interested in. Then look at the address line. This is what comes up for the Caribbean Princess:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/

Those last two letters are the abbreviation for that ship. Occasionally someone will post a list of the various ship abbreviations.

Hello,

I learned the way the ship initials are named many years ago, but I've forgotten. :( But, the reason offered is as good as any. I'll have to google it. :) It's a fair point that the thread or any info on the ship might be missesd.

OIC= Oh, I see? ;)

jenseib, this last set of photos REALLY made me homesick for the ship. We usually sat at the table behind the sign that says "no jumping or diving". lol. And, that area is our favorite spot on the ships that still have the Terrace Pool.

Have a great evening. Lynne

thanks. I am going to try and get another update up today. I have to finish writing it yet. Oh how I wish there were more hours in the day ....and I had the energy to make use of them. :D

I seem to remember one way to find out the abbreviation for the ship you're going on: go to the Princess website' date=' click on "Learn about cruising" and find "cruise ships" in the pop down menu. The different ships come up and you click on the one you're interested in. Then look at the address line. This is what comes up for the Caribbean Princess:

Those last two letters are the abbreviation for that ship. Occasionally someone will post a list of the various ship abbreviations.[/quote']

Yes, i just happened to find a thread when doing research on this ship that showed the initials too. And when writing the title it was just so long that I used the abbreviation.

I seem to remember one way to find out the abbreviation for the ship you're going on: go to the Princess website' date=' click on "Learn about cruising" and find "cruise ships" in the pop down menu. The different ships come up and you click on the one you're interested in. Then look at the address line. This is what comes up for the Caribbean Princess:

Those last two letters are the abbreviation for that ship. Occasionally someone will post a list of the various ship abbreviations.[/quote']

Yes, I think I found that one at one point too.

This is the area the pictures were displayed at different times of the day.

15704112960_ef82d7a956_z.jpg

15271767453_3d96ff2a60_z.jpg

15865593346_dbb6b12747_z.jpg

I believe Bingo was going on in Club Fusion so I quietly walked through so as to not disturb anyone.

15705636727_36340127fd_z.jpg

15271766583_c3d8df4661_z.jpg

But I was spotted and the guy waved to me. I don’t remember this guys name but he did a lot of things around the ship and was always super friendly.

15865592506_bda54b0b7e_z.jpg

15705636017_313608408d_z.jpg

A selfie…sort of. LOL!

15705369169_ecb7bbaf96_z.jpg

I decided I needed a snack.

Today I got a vanilla milkshake.

15705635547_a2f8a4d9c1_z.jpg

And it was tasty!!!!!

I decided to try the pizza as my friend had told me that Princess has good pizza.

15704110810_ba1daef183_z.jpg

It is MUCH better than Disney’s pizza, that’s for sure.

Mom had gone back to the room to start to get ready for the evening. It was formal night so we were going to get dolled up….well sort of. I don’t really have any fancy formal outfits and I wasn’t about to buy one for a 1 time use.

When I arrived back at the room Mom told me the canapés had been delivered. This was another perk for being elite.

15649330489_a7210d3b63_z.jpg

15833275011_c8c78f454e_z.jpg

We were supposed to get 6, 2 of each, so I am not sure what happened to the missing one, but that was fine. I had just eaten pizza and really didn’t need anything more….but of course I tried them all.

I believe after I got ready I ran up top and planned to meet mom in a few in the piazza.

Look how calm this sea is. It was the calmest, smoothest cruise I have ever been on.

15705368549_427e343fcf_z.jpg

15271764873_e6b1dcf13a_z.jpg

Back to the room I went and finished up with any other beautifying preparations I had to make and we headed off to watch the champagne fountain.

15649330169_45bee3bc81_z.jpg

15649329789_02ffaa557e_z.jpg

Yes, another picture of the fly eye light fixture.

15857458521_060f41aafa_z.jpg

15237166244_06c70d9a30_z.jpg

I really thought the staircases were pretty.

15671931248_833bb1017a_z.jpg

Downstairs there were several spots to have a formal picture done.

15672109110_02bfe9ed43_z.jpg

There were servers walking around with complimentary glasses of champagne…and I believe something else….maybe wine? I didn’t pay attention as I like champagne and grabbed 2 so we each could have one. What I didn’t know is that Mom isn’t a fan of champagne and she only took a couple sips and then handed it off to me.

15237165104_e0ddfd7614_z.jpg

Soon it was time for the fountain to start and some big wig guy, whose name I didn’t catch, came out to get it started.

15858812892_6be3508b55_z.jpg

The started pouring…except the guy wouldn’t let people hold it which I though was strange.

I took video of it but it’s sideways and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to turn it and believe me, I have tried.

2014-09-30 2014-09-30 002 031

Great move grabbing 2 glasses of champagne - 1 for you and 1 for mom. Are you sure you didn't know mom wasn't a fan of champagne? ;) Too bad you were "forced" to finish off her glass.

When they're having people pouring the champagne I'm guessing they don't let them hold it because they're concerned someone might drop the bottle and the whole champagne waterfall would collapse.

Hi,

Great shots again!!

The water fall was a big thrill for me on my first cruise, with the dancing and great celebrating. I never went up to actually pour some in the glasses because I was taking pictures-we didn't have a digital camera in 1998. This last time took more pictures, now with a digital camera and my phone camera. I also took a nice shot of our two table mates the first formal night. I have their first names but no further info. so I doubt we'll ever see them again. Too bad. They were fun.

Oh, we never got any champagne because by the time we were finished with dinner and so on, there was none left!! :(

The sea looked very calm, you're right. It's a bonus to have it that way.

Take care. I'll see you later! Lynne

Great move grabbing 2 glasses of champagne - 1 for you and 1 for mom. Are you sure you didn't know mom wasn't a fan of champagne? ;) Too bad you were "forced" to finish off her glass.

When they're having people pouring the champagne I'm guessing they don't let them hold it because they're concerned someone might drop the bottle and the whole champagne waterfall would collapse.

LOL. I really didn't know. But it worked in my favor. :D

That is probably good point about that. But I think at least making it look like they were helping pouring would've been nice. :( Some people did eventually take hold of the bottle.

Hi,

Great shots again!!

The water fall was a big thrill for me on my first cruise, with the dancing and great celebrating. I never went up to actually pour some in the glasses because I was taking pictures-we didn't have a digital camera in 1998. This last time took more pictures, now with a digital camera and my phone camera. I also took a nice shot of our two table mates the first formal night. I have their first names but no further info. so I doubt we'll ever see them again. Too bad. They were fun.

Oh, we never got any champagne because by the time we were finished with dinner and so on, there was none left!! :(

The sea looked very calm, you're right. It's a bonus to have it that way.

Take care. I'll see you later! Lynne

I love digital cameras too. In the film days i always had to decide if it was worth taking the picture or not. Now I just click away and delete what I don't like.

I have taken some nice pictures of other people over the years and really wish I had their info as well. One person did recognize themselves in some pictures from an excursion I did with Disney and I was able to send her the photos then.

This really was perfect water for sailing. I couldn't have asked for it any better.

After a few people went through, some people started just grabbing on to the bottle, whether the guy liked it or not. LOL!

15671929988_ace817140e_z.jpg

15672107910_2b45c29b93_z.jpg

15239797363_9b46d3706a_z.jpg

15672107450_96120dc945_z.jpg

15673681757_8613d4331a_z.jpg

We watched them pour for a while then mingled around. It was fairly crowded though. We enjoyed checking out all the ladies dresses and outfits. Some really had some pretty dresses on, and some were just basic…I was more basic myself. If I was 50 lbs lighter I would’ve worn something a little nicer.

We spotted a photographer and I suggested to Mom that we should get our picture taken. Surprisingly she agreed so we got in line which was very short.

15239796883_0d115293d4_z.jpg

A couple days later we went in search of our pictures and we actually liked one of them so I bought it. There were actually a couple that looked nice, but this was our favorite.

15858825652_dfcda1e294_z.jpg

We then headed to dinner. Tonight I believe we went to the Island dining room. (though I could be wrong)

15672106830_56ee787e8e_z.jpg

We decided on drinks and I asked for Mango smoothie. The gal wasn’t sure if there was such a thing and went off to find out. Now she was super sweet but she took forever and was gone for quite some time. Of course, Mom wasn’t getting her drink either since she disappeared…. and we were getting a bit annoyed. I could easily have had something else if I had known it was such an ordeal to find out.

Finally she did come back with one and it was really good, but I knew not to ask for one in the dining room again.

I got the shrimp cocktail tonight, which was good!

15858810902_b626d12dd9_z.jpg

15673680847_4b203ba1e3_z.jpg

There’s the smoothie that caused so much anguish.

15677717677_47c2385a06_z.jpg

I also got the appetizer sized Fettuccini Alfredo, which was heavenly.

15241197544_538aed04d9_z.jpg

15837671396_3cd284c170_z.jpg

I didn’t take a picture of Moms selections and I don’t remember what she got either.

For dinner I got a surf and turf I believe. It really was delicious as well.

15675959668_c80872924d_z.jpg

15677716737_76bd05043d_z.jpg

15243831543_fc1a149750_z.jpg

Mom got the full sized fettuccini for her main course.

For dessert I got something that I believe was listed as 3 types of chocolate samplers.

15677467599_e0f904d94c_z.jpg

15863481485_f8123d9a7d_z.jpg

Again that was good too, though I think I wasn’t a big fan of the middle thing.

Mom most likely got ice-cream again as she had it most nights.

After dinner we headed back to the room for a few minutes.

The beds were turned down for the evening and our chocolates were waiting. It’s amazing how we could both stuff those babies in our mouths even when we were already about to burst from being so full.

15677467279_347acbb5f1_z.jpg

Mom went to freshen up and I realized that this mirror was here. Yes I am sure I had seen it the whole time, but this was the first time I really took notice of it…..so I did what any normal person would do….I took a few selfies.

15676141880_da497b025c_z.jpg

Unfortunately when taking selfies like this I couldn’t see what the camera was focusing on and it decided the focus on the TV in the background.

15861492361_8c73083bcc_z.jpg

Once we were ready we headed out to catch the late show tonight.

Hi,

You and Mom really look nice in your pictures. It's great to see you all dressed up like that. Looking great!

As for those mirrors, we never even thought of "selfies", lol, but if we have some it's by mistake. :D.

The champagne pouring event might be more for photo ops than actual pouring. I'm sure many of those ladies could have been very strong with that bottle and wanting to take control!! LOL. Those glasses were probably measured for stability. Just a thought.

I just looked at the actual departure date for our next cruise in January 2016! It's on a Sunday, so that probably means I'll have to miss two church services; I'm in the choir. So, I'll give the director fair warning, a year in advance and she can choose more unison music rather than parts. I'm an alto. However, there are more northerners back down here, then, so the section won't be so sparse. Ah, the logistics of cruising!! LOL.

Again, super shots! We're attending an open house at the Pastor's house today as part of the holiday festivities, but my mind goes back to the ships and reviews. Ha Ha. I'm continuing to sail with you.

Take care. Lynne

Great picture of your and your mom!

Next time you're onboard Princess try their Fettuccine Alfredo appetizer in a Parmesan bowl. You can even eat the Parmesan bowl! I get that most nights unless they have their black and blue onion soup. Your surf and turf looked delicious. For some reason I've never had that on ship. I'll have to remedy that next cruise.