Cave Tubing with Children

sherry1

We will be in Belize in December and want to go cave tubing. We will have 4 kids traveling with us. One 12 (boy), two 8 (boys) and the youngest will be 6 (girl). Will there be a problem trying to cave tube with our 6 year old? I've also been reading the posts about all the different companies. I have a few bookmarked, but I don't seem to be able to find X-stream that everyone is talking about. Could someone give me there website please. Thanks

here is the website for X treme http://belizecruiseexcursions.com

they do offer a family/kids excursion. I think they offer more tour guides to be with the children and they do not always go to both caves like some other tours do.

We did Wet and Wilds tour with our then 6 year old. No matter who you use, the park where you go has child sized equiptment... tube, life jacket(although we brought ours from home) and head lamp. Once in the water in the caves, I hooked my foot under my sons tube and he was with me the whole time. Even with the smaller tube, it was hard for him to manuever himself around especially in the "bottoms up" areas. Over all, we had a great time... but I would make sure that you have enough adults in your group to assist the younger ones in the water.

We cave tubed in Belize in late July this year, it was alot of fun! That said, I strongly advise against taking your 6 year old with you. I'm very glad I decided against taking my 6 year old on this excursion.

I didn't have any problem at all. I'm a 5'2" female 125lbs, I'm in pretty decent physical shape.

My oldest is 16, male, 120lbs, He had a great time. Only had a couple of times where I had to remind him to put his foot up and push off before he his the side of the cave.

My middle is 11, male, 4'7, 70lbs, he had a good time, but there were several spots where the current carried me away from him, and our guide had to go back for him and swim him to me. He was simply not tall enough, and his arms weren't long enough to maneuver the tube. I had to hook my feet under his tube and maneuver us both with my arms.

I hope that helps. I repeat, we had a GREAT time, and I would do it again, but I'm thankful I didn't try to sneak my 6yr princess in. at a whoppin 38 pounds, there would have been no way she could have done anything but ride with me, and there were too many places I had to help the other two stay with the group to have been able to have her in the tube with me.

Timi :D

Carnival Elation 07/24/05

Archived