Disembark Miami - walk off with luggage- quicker?

Blondie008

We have the day in Miami but want to get off the ship asap

If we keep our own luggage (four heavy cases) - can we walk off early? (even if we have to lug them around?)

Or do we need to wait until our colour/number is shouted?

Is there a way we can get off the ship as soon as its cleared for disembarkation?

Anyone know (non suite guests) how early we can expect to disembark after Epic's TA cruise?

Thanks - We are meeting precious family in Miami want to try spend the day with them but arrangements depend on what time we can get off the ship.

Would this be our quickest option or make no difference?

Quickest will be hauling your own luggage with you - no colored tags needed, one can leave as soon as the easy walkoff begins, usually quite a while before the checked luggage has been sorted and any tags are called.

But be warned: elevators on Epic are often crowded as it is because of the split design and on embarkation/disembarkation days elevators on any ship are very hard to get into because they fill up very quickly and stopping at every floor (for others trying to get in) makes them really, really slow.

Edited by Demonyte

Good chance you may not get an elevator, just be warned.

As to spending time with family.. not sure when your flight is, but they will have everyone off by mid morning at the latest. They want you off the ship and gone.

We opted to let NCL handle our luggage and were glad we did. The halls were

filled with people struggling with luggage & waiting for elevators. When we walked off (sans luggage) it looked like all of the NCL handled luggage was in the pick up area (sorted by coloured tags).

On our Epic cruise ( Caribbean itinerary ), Easy Walk Off was expected to begin at @ 7:45, assuming no delays in clearing the ship.

I could not tell from your post whether or not you are aware that you are not assigned a departure time by the ship. The day before, you can choose a colored luggage tag that corresponds to the time YOU want to leave the ship. For example, choose Red if you want to depart around 8:45. Colors correspond to debark times listed in 15 minute increments from 8:45 to 10:00. Luggage is grouped by color in the dock area.

If you do easy walk off, you do not need the tags of course, but having done easy walk off once, I am not a fan. To me it is the busiest, most chaotic time for departure, especially if you have no pressing need to get off the ship at 7:45. Much better IMO to let the ship personnel get your luggage to the dock, have a leisurely breakfast and walk off with no crowds, no waiting at maybe 9:00.

Easy walk off is the first group called to get off the ship. And you don't need to lug your bags around, just go to O'sheen before 7 with your luggage, as elevator is not crowded yet. The restaurant staff will let you put the luggage outside of the restaurant. Then have breakfast there while waiting for disembarkation call. Gangway is at the same deck. Quick walk off, no line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - thanks everyone for the great advice - I now have a much clearer picture - I didnt know about being able to choose times

O'Sheehans early might be an option as long as we are not partying too much the last night:o

If choosing a colour means getting off around 9am - without the chaos - then I think that might be our best option.

THANKS ALL - very much appreciated!

I haven't been on Epic, but other times I've disembarked in Miami and we've done early walk off we woke around 6am... had breakfast in the buffet maybe 6:30-7:00... were in the car before 8am (including getting to the parking garage). Or if you linger, the LATEST is probably 9:00-9:30 for walk offs (that's AFTER all the colors are called). They don't want you to stay on the ship very long... they have to clean it and get it turned around for the next boarding which is around 11am or noon.