Dont Eat at the Bellagio Cafe @ 773 Hornby

This place has to have the worst service in town... and thats including the chinese yum cha restaurants.. where the waiters wont even talk to you!

The food is also way overpriced. You can get better at Milestones and Cactus, and you dont have to put up with cheap italian decor...

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to say it, but the OP is correct as it relates to service. We just returned from Vancouver, and found this place near our hotel for breakfast. While the food was actually very very good, the service was horrible. We had to keep asking for things like more coffee or the toast that came with our eggs. Then the waiter would disappear. At one point we asked the hostess for our check when we couldn't find the waiter, and we watched her. She never even tried to find him or get our check. It took us 20 minutes to get a check and pay it. We had to follow the waiter around between getting the check, giving him the money then getting change. All while he had to make 6 cappaccino's for the table he was serving.

As for the food and decor, I have no complaints. My egg-white omelet was light, fluffy and cooked perfectly. I actually thought the atmosphere was very pleasant, even down to being able to listen to Andrea Bocelli.

Not going to speculate on the OP's motives or reasons for posting, but just felt I should share our experience.

• 2 years later...

I have to agree..the Bellaggio Cafe was BAD! We had dinner there and the food was barely edible. My husbabd had a pasta dish with 3 kinds of seafood. It was very salty, and basically looked like mush. I tried the pizza...tasted like a store bought frozen. My husband left most of his on the plate and ate my pizza. He can usually eat just about anything! I will add..on a positive note, the service was fine. There were hardly any customers when we were there so maybe that is why the service was not slow.

WOW!!!! Three years after the original post and the place is still getting nasty reviews!!

I'm surprised it's still in business. Restaurants don't last long in this town if they can't do better than that...especially downtown!

Do't worry though....there are litterally hundreds of great restaurants in the downtown areas.

It was busy this afternoon as I went passed it on my way to my fitness club - so it can't be that bad because as a previous poster stated you don't stay in the restaurant business in Vancouver if your product isn't any good.

Have a good Labour Day weekend everyone.

Cheers

Dennis

All I can say is our meal was certainly bad. We are not particular eaters. Maybe it was an off day for them. However, the reviews are not glowing. When we checked it out in the early afternoon the outdoor area appeared to be popular so we thought it would be a good place for dinner.

Archived