Enchantment of the Seas Room Amenities/Beverage question

I was wondering if anyone knew what each room has for guests (we are booked in an inside). Is there shampoo, a hairdryer, safe, etc? Also, what is there to drink other than lemonade and iced tea-- is there apple juice or something like other cruise lines have? Thanks for the help---:)

I was wondering if anyone knew what each room has for guests (we are booked in an inside). Is there shampoo, a hairdryer, safe, etc? Also, what is there to drink other than lemonade and iced tea-- is there apple juice or something like other cruise lines have? Thanks for the help---:)

Hi We just returned from the Enchantment cruise on 8/7/05.

We also had an inside room. There was no shampoo, yes there was a hairdryer I did not take mine. There is a safe. Lot's of different types of juice, apple, orange, tomatoe, and others.

Enjoy your cruise. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me.

We were on the 8/7 Enchantment sailing and had an inside room with shampoo - but it was in a dispenser in the shower. There were bars of soap at the sink and in the shower. We also had a hair dryer and safe in the room.

Breakfast in the Windjammer generally had a choice of two juices for breakfast and only tea, lemonade and coffee for lunch. At dinner in the dinning room you can also get juice and soda (for no additional cost). We ate breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer and dinner in the dinning room.

I have heard some talk about fridges, with drinks in them, what type of cabins are they in?

What is the differenece between inside and ocean view (besides the view, natually, :p ), ? I would think that there would be a size difference, although not much, but are there other differences?

Wondering for later cruises, if I get to take any.

Jly

Jly, the cabin size difference depends on the ship. In all honesty, often times the cabin size between inside and ocean view is exactly the same. You won't find this to be true on some of the older ships however. Sometimes it seems like a silly difference, like the inside is 170 sf and the oceanview is 172... :)

We were on the second deck in an inside and an outside. We asked our room steward for a refrigerator which he brought to us and stuck under the desk. In the room was an ice bucket and all kinds of soda you could buy and 2 giant water bottles. But with the refrigerator you could put stuff you brought from home. It was impossible to sit at the desk with it there but we used it so we didnt mind. The safe in the room needs a credit card to lock it. It isnt the kind with numbers on it to key in. The soda package was expensive at $34 for a child sticker. We also got an egg crate mattress for our bed as the mattresses were really hard. Hope this helps. There was a hairdryer. Looked kind of old. I brought mine from home. There was shampoo in the shower and bar soap.

just wanted to add about the hair dryers- on the Enchantment 8/7 sailing neither my daughter in an inside cabin nor I in an outside (both deck 4) brought dryers - the dryer was not attached to the wall like in a hotel so it was convenient to dry my hair at the desk/vanity while hubby was showering - it worked great on my thin, fine hair it was 1250 watt - my dd has gorgeous thick hair and she didn't complain about the dryer...the shampoo is in a dispenser and great was washing out swim suits - the bars of soap were readily available as were towels etc...our cabin attendent wasn't a charmer but our room was clean and neat each day - our kids (21 yo & 17 yo) loved their attendent (and their towel critters) This was only our 2nd cruise, the 1st was a Jr Suite balcony - but the cruise was very full when we booked so we had smaller rooms - no one complained - the attendent will bring fresh ice 2x a day - so much of what I read on these posts and brought the first time I never used - the coffee is fine and generally available - so didn't need the coffee pot I brought first time - I did really like having a pop -up hamper from Walgreens ($2.99) for the dirty stuff- and it folds flat for travel - not traveling with too much allowed us to do express exit as we carried our stuff - as my son and I had to drive from Philly to Memphis after dropping dd and dh at airport the extra hours were very welcome - plus the room wasn't as crowed to too much stuff - with one mid-size suitcase and a carry -on I had enough for two formal nights, whalewatching. hiking etc and left-over clean clothes which I think should have entitled me to stay on the ship a few extra days!

We sailed the enchantment 7/11. We had a fridge in our inside family stateroom. We did not buy a soda card. However my daughter ordered coke several nights for dinner and we were not charged. Iced tea is readily available by the pools all day. It's brewed and is good. Have a great vacation!;)

I had friends on 3 and 4. I was on Deck 2. There is definitely no refrigerators in outside or inside cabins on these decks. Make sure you ask your room steward for one as soon as you find him on the first day as they don't have alot of them. But they are readily available for free if you ask for one. We kept cans of soda in there(brought from home) and cookies and candy and water bottles that we brought from home, filled at all times.

I repeat no refrigerator. We were surprised too. But the rooms are very small and there isnt much room for one. I have pixs of an inside and an outside if you want to see them. They stick the refrigerator under the desk if you ask for one. Because they will use up one of your electrical outlets on the desk area to plug it in. That will leave you with only one plug to use. Bring an extension cord too. Balcony rooms did have refrig but not the cabins on the lower floors.

There hair dryers are not attached to anything. But the only plug to use them is over the desk area. Mine had a cord that was so knotted up it was impossible to use. Thank god I had my own to use. I am sure they would have found me another if I asked but I didnt need it.

The only bad part about the Enchantment is for those people that like a snack late at night. Forget it. There is nothing past 930pm unless you want to order from room service. At about 1130pm they bring around little pastry type things on the centrum level 3,4,5 but these all tasted horrible. There is no coffee out late either. The only food for late night snacking is burgers, hot dogs and pizza, that is it. There was lemonade and ice tea set up by the burger area. This is in the indoor pool area of the ship. We were disappointed in this set up on this ship.

Ken you will still love your cruise. The food was very good. The waiters were very nice. Our room steward was friendly and nice. The ship is beautiful. Just remember to get to the shows early to make sure you get a seat. We didnt sit at the pool on this cruise as their was too much sightseeing to do but I bet there aren't enough pool chairs either. You will have a great time on this cruise, don't worry about that. The entertainment was very good too. We were in 2050 which was outside and 2049 which was inside.

Ken I sent you 2 pixs of cabin 2049. Both sides so you can see it.

Thought you all would enjoy the following picture site. This guy has some amazing pictures. He had some kind of suite for a cabin and was able to get a galley tour and a bridge tour. Neither of these tours were offered when we were on the ship. His pictures are amazing. Check them out......

• 6 months later...

Hey all,

Noticed at least one of you mentioned the Family Stateroom categories in this thread. Wondering if anyone who has stayed in the Inside Family Stateroom (#8015) on the Enchantment either has pictures or can describe the layout. I have it for NYE this year, but haven't been able to find much info on it yet. We are a family of 4 - H, W, S(13), D(6). We had an inside for NYE on the Sovereign last year and one bathroom was fine for us, but could have used more footage in the the room itself. Was just gonna get an inside again, but this was only $260 more than the inside when I booked, so I grabbed it. But don't know what to expect in the room.

Thanks,

Barb

Barb we had a family size stateroom, an ocean view on the RCL Navigator. The room was slightly larger than a regular oceanview stateroom. But the extra room was not where we could use it. There was about 5 feet of extra floor space between the bed and the window area. No one ever walked in this area so it was not useable space at all. You can try to go to cruisestateroom dot com and see if they have floor plans and square footage for you to compare your room to a regular inside cabin.

Archived