ES- Can I do this?

CRUISESTARR

Hey! I'm a first time cruiser and I'll be on board the Conquest Dec 14th! I am early saver, and I found out about price drops/onboard credit on here, so thank you:). My question there was price drop from last week ("best rate", i think) and I received on board credit. Can i fill out the form again and still receive more credit if its the same price drop under the same rate? I hope you all understand:o

If you are Early Saver, you can apply for price drops up to 2 business days before sail date for any rate you qualify for...55+, Military, Interline, etc.

There is no limit as to how many times you can do this.

Carnival usually only price matches to prices that allow for you to pick your own cabin, so rates advertised as "guarantees" where Carnival assigns the cabin prior to sailing are not supposed to qualify. That being said, if you happen to get an agent on the phone that doesn't follow the rules, you might be able to price match to a guarantee (unlikely). Price drops that come prior to final payment due date can reduce your final payment amount, and those that come after final payment due date will be given as onboard credit. It pays to check at least daily. It is common for most price drops to come closer to sail date (up until 2 days prior to sail date). Hope that helps.

Carnival usually only price matches to prices that allow for you to pick your own cabin, so rates advertised as "guarantees" where Carnival assigns the cabin prior to sailing are not supposed to qualify. That being said, if you happen to get an agent on the phone that doesn't follow the rules, you might be able to price match to a guarantee (unlikely). Price drops that come prior to final payment due date can reduce your final payment amount, and those that come after final payment due date will be given as onboard credit. It pays to check at least daily. It is common for most price drops to come closer to sail date (up until 2 days prior to sail date). Hope that helps.

Thank you so much!! Im so thankful for cruisecritc! I don't feel like a first time cruiser at all:D

If you received the $50 OBC from the promo, unless the new rate that you are matching to also has that $50 promo, you will lose it. So make sure any new drops are at least over $50 or it's not worth it.

Example. I got a $20 drop with the $50 OBC with the cruise vacation week sale. Then tues, the resident rate was lower by $130. Would lose my $50, but replace that plus $80 more with the new rate.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app