Handicap cabins/baths

ktravel

I have just found out I wil be having hip replacement in November. I will be cruising Jan 25. Thinking I may be still moving a little slow and need a cabin with a handicap bath. Do I need to send a request to Carnival from my doctor? When I booked a cabin I did our 1st to be assigned balcony. Does anyone know how many handicap cabins there are ?

I hope I may not need one, but I do not know what to expect.

Sorry you must have this done, but glad you are able to have it to hopefully make it so you feel better.

Two months isn't much time to recuperate, but you still should be able to get around okay, if a bit slower. I would call Carnival NOW to let them know what's happening and the timing. I would also try to get a handicap cabin if at all possible. I'm mainly thinking of that step up into the bathrooms. I hate that step, especially with my bad knees.

Just going by my oldest sister having both hips replaced a few years ago and knowing how steps were so awkward for her.

Better to be safe and have the HC cabin, than regret not getting it and needing it. I do wish you a fabulous cruise! :)

Sorry you must have this done, but glad you are able to have it to hopefully make it so you feel better.

Two months isn't much time to recuperate, but you still should be able to get around okay, if a bit slower. I would call Carnival NOW to let them know what's happening and the timing. I would also try to get a handicap cabin if at all possible. I'm mainly thinking of that step up into the bathrooms. I hate that step, especially with my bad knees.

Just going by my oldest sister having both hips replaced a few years ago and knowing how steps were so awkward for her.

Better to be safe and have the HC cabin, than regret not getting it and needing it. I do wish you a fabulous cruise! :)

Thank you for your advice. I so want to be able to still cruise. Gives me a good focus. I will call carnival tomorrow.

I have just found out I wil be having hip replacement in November. I will be cruising Jan 25. Thinking I may be still moving a little slow and need a cabin with a handicap bath. Do I need to send a request to Carnival from my doctor? When I booked a cabin I did our 1st to be assigned balcony. Does anyone know how many handicap cabins there are ?

My mom had her hips replaced and it took her a few months to get around. I would think the HC cabin would be an absolute necessity, for you. You will need the grab bars in the rest room, the higher toilet and the shower seat. We had to buy all of those things for my mom as she recuperated.

Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Went thru this sort of thing 2 years go with my husband. He had surgery 2 months before cruise. We called the Special Needs Department and they moved him to a handicap cabin. Call them because they are very helpful. FYI we did not ask they moved us on their own. We just wanted to know what they could offer us.

These cabins are wonderful. They are larger, all on one floor, grab bars in the bathroom, a seat in the shower and a raised toilet. They are awesome.

Edited by deborahjo

Definitely call ASAP as there aren't many HC cabins and they seem to go fast. Good luck with your surgery and enjoy the cruise!

I always get hcp room...They have sitdown showers. My hcp suite has both but the tub has a huge lip to get into If you go to last minute cruise and click on your ship name it gives you a list of the handicap room numbers Also for a pic go to cruise line rooms dot com and click on your ship and cabin number