Which one - Navigator or Mariner?

42trvl

We are trying to decide between Mariner, Western or Navigator, Eastern for next July. We've been on Mariner before, so know what to expect as far as the ships are concerned, but would appreciate hearing opinions from anyone who has done both as to which might be preferable and why.

Thanks.:)

We have been on both the Mariner and the Navigator. I actually thought the Navigator was a prettier ship but the layout and all the pools, ice skating rink, min golf, etc are the same on both ships. I prefer the Eastern to the Western but everyone has their favorite ports. I would base your decision on which ports you would rather visit. You will have a great time, great food and great service on both.

Empress 10/10/05

Mariner 10/04

Navigator 9/03

I agree.... either would be great. We did Western on Mariner and Eastern on Navigator and I don't think I could choose between the two. Is either Miami or Port Canaveral any more convenient/cheaper to get to than the other?

My wife and I were on the Navigator the first week of July. You really cannot go wrong with either ship, butI must agree that Navigator is a beautiful ship. If you are planning on flying in, I would recommend that you consider airline costs to Orlando vs. Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. This may help you make your decision.

Thanks for the replies. As far as the air, right now it's pretty much the same. Having never been to Miami before, if we can get in a couple of days beforehand, it could be fun to check it out. We enjoyed the Western Caribbean and have been to a couple of the Eastern Islands on our own (non-cruise), but would like to go back there, so I guess along with your comments, I'm helping answer my own question:rolleyes: .

Archived