Splendor Spa Cabins

pearle1

I hope I made the right choice ~ changed from a midship balcony room to a port side spa balcony cabin.

I have always taken bonine and ginger for cruising ~ and have been fine, but this is the first time I am going more towards the front of the ship.

I wanted to try the spa amenities and be up on that spa deck.

Hopefully my mom will be very happy there! Reassure me that I made a good choice if you have loved the spa cabins! Or, if you didn't like them, or think I made a bad choice ~ tell me that too! Thanks!!

Edited by pearle1

I had a spa balcony - it was about 3rd back from the forward staircase and not much movement at all compared to a midship balcony. The further you get near the front the more the movement. The cabins for the spa are decorated differently - very pretty, but the best perk is the spa. I loved the saunas and also the thalisotherapy pool which has 2 giant Fu dogs at each end of the pool. It was fun to be in the pool while the ship was at sea as the water would slosh back and forth. There is also a relaxation room with fruit waters upstairs. There are Balinese relaxation beds curtained off from each other in that room with sheer curtains which are a great place to relax and read. The showers for the spa - which are public since they are just outside of the saunas, are really big and roomy, so I often showered there in my swimsuit before heading back to my cabin to dry off. Be sure to use the spa lockers, even for your spa robe. I do remember one lady at my dinner table left her watch in her spa robe and someone accidentally took it while she was relaxing in the sauna - they took her robe, I mean and therefore, also the watch, but I'm sure it was a mistake. Had the lady put her robe in the locker that wouldn't have happened. But all the spa robes look alike, so I'm sure it was an easy mistake to make. The watch was not turned in, but if you didn't put anything in your spa robe, you probably wouldn't check the pocket. Just an unfortunate mistake.

We had stateroom 1116 spa balcony and loved it. The only drawback was there was no covering on the balcony. Loved the amenities and went to the Thalassotherapy pool every night before bed. Would most definitely book another one but would try to get a balcony with covering.

are the services free if you are booked in a spa cabin? meaning the pool and sauna room, etc, not facials and services like that??

There are 4 saunas:

warm dry (with heated tile lounges)

hot dry

aromatherapy steam

regular steam

thalisotherapy pool

and the two special showers outside of the saunas which have rain heads

Plus the relaxation room with the Balinese beds and fruited water

ALL of these areas are free for the spa cabin guests to use anytime they like along with the locker rooms, which I recall for women has another steam room, private showers, dressing areas and toilets and sinks.

The relaxation room is upstairs from the saunas and the week we were onboard was not used that much by other guests, so it was great for us.

Spa guests receive spa bracelets in their cabins on embarkation so that you can go to the spa anytime you feel like it.

BTW, I think this is the prettiest spa at sea I have ever seen. The decor of the Splendor is completely over the top - like they hired a drag queen to decorate this ship and told "her" to just "go for it". Because of this, there are the giant blue Fu Dogs over the thalissotherapy pool and the tile is opalescent in many of the areas. While this type of decor is not my thing for my home, I think it really adds to the vacation experience on the ship.

Pearle1, I think you will be so glad you are in a spa cabin after you experience all the above! Be sure to start going on day 1 so you can get maximum use out of the spa. Last cruise, we had a spa suite on the NCL Epic. My husband was refusing to go until midweek. That limited how much I could go and their spa is really great on that ship, too. Finally he went with me on Wednesday, once he experienced it, he wanted to go all the time!

Thanks everyone for the responses and all the details!! Makes me look forward even more to the cruise in January ~ and I am happy I am giving the spa balcony cabin a try. :) That Thalassotherapy pool looks so nice!

I am on the spa deck, port side, ~ Is there even a small partial covering outside on the balcony?? (or is it completely open??)

I suppose I could move down to deck 10, but those cabins are even more forward ~ and something about that spa deck I wanted to try.

are the services free if you are booked in a spa cabin? meaning the pool and sauna room, etc, not facials and services like that??

as long as your category ends in a S you get the spa amenities. But really price it out.

I can pay for the spa services for the week for a lot cheaper then it would cost me to book the cabin.

for us-- its 300 more to book the spa balcony.

Dear Pearle1,

I'm off-topic here, I hope that's ok.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise with your mom! I have always cruised with (just my mom) and I will never forget all the amazing times we had. I lost her earlier this year. I'm SO GRATEFUL for all the memories I have of us on those special cruise ships!

I remember the first time I upgraded us from an inside stateroom to a balcony: my mom didn't know until we got there, and the look on her face was priceless! Her jaw was on the floor. It was the BEST!! I think you made the right decision to upgrade.

I'm taking my DH on his first cruise this Thanksgiving, with out DS. We booked a spa balcony room. I imagine it'll be worth it, if only because of the little bit of extra space, the close proximity to the water slide, and I think it will be neat to be on a high deck!

Anyway, happy sailings!!

Michelle

Michelle ~ Thanks so much for responding and for your powerful words ~ brought a tear to my eye ~ I am so sorry you lost your mom, but am happy to hear of your wonderful cruise memories ~ that you will always have to hold close at heart.

You know, my husband has never been on a cruise, and this is the 2nd one I am going on with my mom ~ I asked him if he minded that I go again with her ~ and his response was "Go For it ~ Your Mom isnt getting any younger and you and her have such a great time doing it ~ just go while you still can"

I am so happy he gave his blessings, and that I know my mom and I will have another memorable, fun, fun time together.

I hope you and your husband have a great time ~ and I hope he enjoys it (since it is his 1st) I hope to get my husband on a cruise in the next few years.

Your cruise is coming right up!! Enjoy it!! And let me know how you liked that spa balcony!! :)

Thanks again

Kristy (AKA pearle1)

Edited by pearle1

My mom passed away a few years ago. I have been taking my dad on his cruise once a year in Janaury (helping him to get over the hump that has been a bad month for him since then.

Its been fun. (I know i dont have my dad much longer-- he is 86 and is in VERY good health. but love taking him away