teen spa treatments

caggfamily

I will be on the Eurodam with extended family in December, including my two teenage daughters, 16 and 18. On most of the other cruise lines we have been on, teens under 18 are allowed some spa treatments with parental permission. I looked at HAL's spa brochure and it only says something to the effect that teens under 18 are not permitted to have body treatments unless they are participating in HAL's teen program. I'm not sure what that means. Has anyone traveled with a teen and gotten them a spa treatment (like a massage or facial, not just a manicure/pedicure)?

I will be on the Eurodam with extended family in December, including my two teenage daughters, 16 and 18. On most of the other cruise lines we have been on, teens under 18 are allowed some spa treatments with parental permission. I looked at HAL's spa brochure and it only says something to the effect that teens under 18 are not permitted to have body treatments unless they are participating in HAL's teen program. I'm not sure what that means. Has anyone traveled with a teen and gotten them a spa treatment (like a massage or facial, not just a manicure/pedicure)?

HAL has a youth programs for different age groups..For teens only they have the loft another is the Oasis,..This is the WEB site:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Activities.action?WT.ac=pnav_Onboard_ACTIVITIES#

Teens, ages 13-17 enjoy mocktail mixology classes, late night sporting competitions, teen yoga and hip hop classes, guys verses girls scavenger hunts, cooking demos, tech classes and teen only night club events. When there are more than 100 children on board, a HAL Talent Show is offered. (The Loft and Oasis are not available on the Prinsendam. The Oasis is located on the Statendam, Ryndam, Veendam, Rotterdam, Zaandam, Volendam and Amsterdam.)

Unquote

On the Eurodam I believe it's the loft..They probably have a spa day for the teens during the cruise..,

Hope this helps.:)

Edited by serendipity1499

We were on the Westerdam last Christmas with our 17 year old daughter , another 17 year old girl and an 18 year old girl that all enjoyed the spa facilities. All the girls had massages on the ship and two of the girls had the teeth whitening service.

All we did was sign our daughters spa form, as she was not 18 and needed a parental signature. The service was wonderful and she enjoyed every minute.

When we arrived on the ship, we went straight to the spa with the teenagers and signed them up right away for their services ... No problems at all. I hope your girls have a wonderful time too!

We were on the Westerdam last Christmas with our 17 year old daughter , another 17 year old girl and an 18 year old girl that all enjoyed the spa facilities. All the girls had massages on the ship and two of the girls had the teeth whitening service.

All we did was sign our daughters spa form, as she was not 18 and needed a parental signature. The service was wonderful and she enjoyed every minute.

When we arrived on the ship, we went straight to the spa with the teenagers and signed them up right away for their services ... No problems at all. I hope your girls have a wonderful time too!

Thanks for the information. That has been our experience on other cruise lines and I'm glad that HAL offers the same option. I just got confused because it wouldn't let me book any treatments online for anyone under 18. You've been very helpful.