NCL Tulum Tour - Cozumel

TheMidwestMariner

I've been to Cozumel dozens of times, yet i've never done a Mayan Ruin tour, so I'm writing here to see if anyone has specifically done NCL's Tulum tour, if so, would you be so kind as to share your experiences? Pros/Cons?

Not posting this on the port message board as i'm looking for NCL specific for my Cruise on 14DEC

Thanks!

45min trip to the mainland via ferry then a bus ride to the ruins with a stop off at a tourist trap for a pee break/shopping. The trip across can be interesting if you are prone to the movement. Take meds if you have to. You will take a guide tour then some free time to go to the beach before having to head back. You will have little to no time to explore Coz. Bring a hat, snacks and water as its a long hot day. The majority of the tour length is getting to the ruins but its worth it.

We did the one with NO beach break, I remember that there was a beach option but we wanted more time at the ruins.

What everyone else has already said, I agree with, the ferry to the mainland can be rough, we had some people running to the bathroom on the ferry!

We had some time in Cozumel to get a margarita at Sr. Frogs and buy some souvenirs in Cozumel when the bus dropped us off but not a lot of time. And we did make a stop on the way to the ruins, they had real Mexican coke at the stop!

We had plenty of time at the ruins and our tour guide was good. It was HOT, and there is little shade. We were very happy that we brought our camelback we drank a LOT of water that day. And there was a little beach near the ruins where we could stick our feet in the water.

I would not do it again because I'd rather do something different but I am so glad we did it, I have always wanted to see the ruins.

I appreciate the comments, but sadly, i just logged on to NCL and the tour isn't available!

The early bird gets the worm....

When is your cruise, sometimes excursions get added along the way. We are on the Sun in December and they are offering the Tulum tour.

Edited by philatiger

I appreciate the comments, but sadly, i just logged on to NCL and the tour isn't available!

The early bird gets the worm....

I don't think they fully book ALL the excursion slots pre cruise, only a certain percentage. Just like they do for dinner reservations. I would check at the excursion desk as soon as it opens after boarding. Have you tried talking to the excursion desk directly? 866-625-1167.

We did it and got some great photos. We did not get a lot of narrative or history. Once we got to the actual ruin area we were pretty much on our own.

We were all cranky as the day was rushed and really not a stop for food.

Glad we did it but would not do it again.

We were late back to the ship which and had to run in the dark down the pier.

It was one very long day. Many were seasick on the tender ride across to the bus.

I don't think they fully book ALL the excursion slots pre cruise, only a certain percentage. Just like they do for dinner reservations. I would check at the excursion desk as soon as it opens after boarding. Have you tried talking to the excursion desk directly? 866-625-1167.

Very good idea, I will call today!