Question regarding Cove balcony and OBC

skipnpeanut

I just changed my room to a Cove balcony on the Magic. Have never been on one and wondering what people think about it? Pictures make it look a little cramped with the life boats right overhead. Also, can an OBC be used for tips? Thanks a lot!

we loved the cove on the Dream, and going on the Breeze in Feb, also a cove. close to the water is nice for the views and the sound of the waves. we found the size to be close to the same as a regular balcony. it's deeper plus it has a shelf to use as a drink holder or a foot rest. it's a little secluded in the way that the opening is cut out but overall there's lots of room for two people. we're travelling with family and opening up the divider so our balconies will be a really good size :)

Not cramped at all. It's actually 10 sq.ft. larger than a standard balcony. Plus, it's the only balcony on the ship that can look down directly to the water. Higher up balconies look down onto the deck 5 lanai which sticks out from the ship. I enjoyed the cove. It's great being so close to the water. I don't even notice the lifeboats overhead, however, I'm so glad that they're there. They block the sun, which makes it quite comfortable on the balcony. Besides, if I wanted a tan, I would need to go up on deck, because when the sun's rays are strong enough to give me a tan, no balcony is getting any sun.

Not cramped at all. It's actually 10 sq.ft. larger than a standard balcony. Plus, it's the only balcony on the ship that can look down directly to the water. Higher up balconies look down onto the deck 5 lanai which sticks out from the ship. I enjoyed the cove. It's great being so close to the water. I don't even notice the lifeboats overhead, however, I'm so glad that they're there. They block the sun, which makes it quite comfortable on the balcony. Besides, if I wanted a tan, I would need to go up on deck, because when the sun's rays are strong enough to give me a tan, no balcony is getting any sun.

Exactly. And I'd say it leads to a cozy feeling.