Horrible past 48 hrs. Need some FANTASY stories

carmel

I've had a really, really, really awful past couple of days. No need to go into them but it is above the normal 'stuff'. Lots of waiting on medical results, stomach in knots, steel rods in my neck, heart beating out of my chest.....

I need to take my mind to a wonderful place. I'll be aboard the Fantasy next June and could really use some quick 'visual' stories about a fun/special time you spent on Fantasy. You don't need to write a novel. Something as simple as.....'I had a marvelous green and red fruity drink sitting at the [X,Y,Z] smelling the ocean air' or 'when you walk into the atrium be sure to look up and notice X,Y,Z' I just need something positive to focus on at the moment.

THANKS!!!!

My very first cruise was on the Fantasy and got me totally hooked on cruising! It was me, DH and my two DSs. Didn't see the DSs much during week - just mainly at the three ports we visited. They only ate dinner in the main dining room once.

On the very last day when we were debarking, we all looked at each other and said "man, that was fun!!".

Have been on the Fantasy once since then. Was in Charleston a couple of week-ends ago and she was in port. I was wishing sooooo badly I was boarding her!!

Will be on three ships in 2015 that I haven't sailed on yet. But the Fantasy will always be special for me.

Kim

Sorry to here your going through some stuff!...

I have not been on the Fantasy yet but have been the Fantasy Class ships several times....loved them ....of course I have yet to be on a ship I have not loved :D

I sure hope everything works out for you and you have a wonderful time on your cruise:)

I've had a really, really, really awful past couple of days. No need to go into them but it is above the normal 'stuff'. Lots of waiting on medical results, stomach in knots, steel rods in my neck, heart beating out of my chest.....

I need to take my mind to a wonderful place. I'll be aboard the Fantasy next June and could really use some quick 'visual' stories about a fun/special time you spent on Fantasy. You don't need to write a novel. Something as simple as.....'I had a marvelous green and red fruity drink sitting at the [X,Y,Z] smelling the ocean air' or 'when you walk into the atrium be sure to look up and notice X,Y,Z' I just need something positive to focus on at the moment.

THANKS!!!!

Haven't been on the Fantasy but I would stiil have this experience if I was boarding her.Of all the six ships I have been on I still get that sense of excitement and butterflies in the stomach when I arrive at my embarkation port and see MY ship waiting for me.That first step onto the ship is still a magic moment.Close your eyes and just picture yourself taking that first step and you will be in your happy place.

THANKS!!!!

Here's one for you. I love this ship, by the way. It was just after it came out of dry dock in 2007 or 2008, can't remember which year right now. Silly me, I learned not to take 1st cruise after dry dock, but anyway, it was a crazy departure. We were left sitting in the terminal for literally hours, and not allowed to board until late afternoon, because the ship just wasn't ready. They literally had to fly more crew in from Atlanta to sail. Anyway, once allowed to board we saw uniformed officers carrying new deck chairs into place, among other things. Captain told us we would be leaving New Orleans very late. As it turned out, we departed at midnight! It was quite a sight going down the Mississippi. Normally it's a fairly leisurely float, but that night the Fantasy showed her stuff. We were flying out to the gulf to make up time, literally rolling' on the river. As it turned out, we had a wonderful time and made all our ports on time. Some people were irritated and complaining about the late departure but some people are going to complain about anything. It was also when they first came out with the Serenity areas, and my husband, friends, and I knew it was there. Most people didn't discover it till the end of the week, and we spent many lovely days there on the aft, under the umbrellas enjoying the lovely sea breeze and quite a few bottles of perfectly chilled pinot grigio.;)

I've never been on the fantasy but picture this. There's nothing I like better than a small rain shower then that beautiful rainbow out in the ocean. Or how many stars you can see in the sky while you cruise. I hope you will find some relaxation from all of us here. Lastly, close your eyes and hear the ship breaking thru the waves.

I have this tradition. I stop at the edge of the boarding dock and literally jump on board.

It's the moment I know everything is left behind. I am quite old and aware I look silly, but is is symbolic for me.

LOL I love it! I am going to do that this February when we take our first trip on the Magic. This year, so far, has been a rough one. And I can't wait to "leave all my troubles behind" even if for just one week. Thanks for the visual! :D

We will be getting onboard the Fantasy in 16 days this will be our 5th time on the Fantasy . We have been on other fantasy class ship but the Fantasy was our 1st cruise and will always be our favorite. To me the Ahhh moments are when you 1st walk onboard into the atrium and realize im home again :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

First of all, I hope all turns out well for you. I DESPISE waiting on medical results. It puts me into anxiety mode. Praying all is well for you and your family.:D:D

I have never been on the Fantasy, however, she seems to be a very well LOVED ship.

Not sure that I've ever seen a BAD review.

Hoping you get to your happy place.:D

She was my first cruise--------OH HOW I LOVE HER!!! Some of the most AMAZING TIMES with my family were made on that ship!!!

OK...no long story...but one of our "forever moments" was us sitting by the pool on a sea day. A few kids were jumping in the pool splashing everyone in an irritating way. My huge brother-in-law who had many "drinks" already decided he was going to CANNON BALL in by those kids. Well one of the security personnel had started watching to try and catch the kids jumping. He saw B-I-L get up and it's just like they read each others mind. He knew what my B-I-L was going to do. Immediately he started waging his finger(like a windshield wiper) at him as to say "Don't you dare!" with a mean stare. It was like 2 brahma bulls waiting to see who was going to blink. After MUCH COAXING my sister finally got him to sit back down. After that, we gave each other the "wagging finger" the rest of the cruise!!!!

Honestly, we still laugh about that! I guess you had to be there to see that "stare down" and the "wagging finger".

Edited by Engineerstar

I was on the Fantasy with my two sisters. We had a great time! It was such a fun trip. We used the serenity area a lot, and just enjoyed ourselves. It is one of my favorite cruises. I still remember one night when we were at the comedy show, the comedian was hysterical. I thought my sister was going to spit her drink out several different times!

She was my first cruise--------OH HOW I LOVE HER!!! Some of the most AMAZING TIMES with my family were made on that ship!!!

OK...no long story...but one of our "forever moments" was us sitting by the pool on a sea day. A few kids were jumping in the pool splashing everyone in an irritating way. My huge brother-in-law who had many "drinks" already decided he was going to CANNON BALL in by those kids. Well one of the security personnel had started watching to try and catch the kids jumping. He saw B-I-L get up and it's just like they read each others mind. He knew what my B-I-L was going to do. Immediately he started waging his finger(like a windshield wiper) at him as to say "Don't you dare!" with a mean stare. It was like 2 brahma bulls waiting to see who was going to blink. After MUCH COAXING my sister finally got him to sit back down. After that, we gave each other the "wagging finger" the rest of the cruise!!!!

Honestly, we still laugh about that! I guess you had to be there to see that "stare down" and the "wagging finger".

LMAO!!!! Great story!!! Sounds like something my BIL or DH would do!!!:D

I hope you will hear great news soon!

I have never sailed the fantasy, but I have sailed on the Fantasy class a few time. My ritual is getting to the lido deck and ordering my first piña colada!! I then have my DH video me cheering all those at work while taking my first sip, then post on face book.

Think of the gentle breezes and calypso music and soon you will be sailing!!

The Fantasy was my first ship as a passenger. I worked on ships for years. It was really rolling on the way back to Port Canaveral so we went to the piano bar and had a wonderful time singing all the songs we know including There has to be a morning after. I was probably the most relaxed and happy I had been in months. I love that ship and all her sister ships.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Carmel, I've been in your position, and there really isn't much worse. Even getting a crappy diagnoses is better than the waiting, because once you have the results in hand, at least you know your next move. I hope you get your results soon, and meanwhile I will send some healing thoughts your way. I cant help you out with any Fantasy stories, since I'll be on her for the first time just a short time before you.

Hello, Carmel. We got off the Fantasy in August. You have a great time to look forward to. We loved just sitting on the pool deck - sun shining, music playing, plenty of friendly people having a good time. We hung out at the adults -only Serenity deck also - two jacuzzis, great loungers, watching the ship's wake and the sun set. And my DD and i had a massage in the spa - just wonderful relaxing days - i know you will have the same.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wonderful replies. In the past few years, my husband and I have dealt with two separate (meaning not spread of the original) cancer diagnoses, a couple of scares and another scare that went to the level of an invasive biopsy. Thankfully, both cancers were treatable but I feel like my family is walking around with a giant target on our backs. To say that I hate cancer.....well, to express how I really feel about it would get me kicked off here.

The blood work on my husband came back CLEAR of cancer yesterday but uncovered high blood lipids. He's had radiation to his chest so we have to protect his heart. His MD is talking about meds.....hubby is only 47. He's probably about 20lbs overweight but extremely sedentary.

Instead of Fantasy stories....anyone have any experience about what they did to lower their lipids? Hubby feels quite overwhelmed right now. I told him I could stand to lose 20lbs myself and we can make our cruise our goal.

Do ya'll think diet change and exercise will help him get his numbers down? Of course we will follow advice from his MD but I would love to hear some success stories about how you or someone you knew reversed high cholesterol. I need to pump hubby up right now. He's feeling pretty down.

How about simply walking? Great exercise for just about everybody, low-impact, gives you a chance to see the world at a slower pace, helps with weight loss...I can be quite sedentary too, but just getting myself out of the house and going for a walk cheers me up. Losing twenty pounds by your cruise sounds like a great goal, and totally achievable!

Even if he has to go on meds now, if he makes some sustainable lifestyle changes, maybe he will be able to stop the meds in the future.

Very glad that the cancer tests were negative!

Hi Carmel, hope you are feeling better soon.

The Fantasy is where the love of cruising all began for me way back in 2004, it was our first ever cruise.

I knew from the moment we stepped onboard it was going to be one of the best vacation experiences we ever had!

Yes, the Fantasy is smaller by today's standards, but its got everything you need for a great cruise!

Been hooked ever since!

Barry :)

The Fantasy was also our first cruise in 2004. We had thought about cruising, but just never pulled the trigger until a neighbor had set up a cruise for 4 couples and one had to drop out. Well, here we are with 18 cruises under our belt and 8 more booked.

My favorite activity on all ships we've been on is to see what time the sunrise is for the next morning. I set my alarm accordingly and when I get up, I grab my camera and go for about a 45 minute walk -- stopping periodically to take sunrise photos. There is nothing like it to me. I get some exercise and some spectacular pics. And at that time, you almost have the ship to yourself -- very quiet and peaceful.

Here's a quirky Fantasy story for ya....

This past week we were on Freedom, parked right next to Fantasy at Nassau. Freedom's a much bigger ship so we got a nice view down into her Lido Deck area.

Someone next to us said "Hey! THEY have palm trees on their Lido Deck! WE don't have THOSE!" --And it was true, Fantasy and Sensation (parked next to her) have palm trees on their Lidos, but not big ol' Freedom. :D

Here's a link to a pic I took. A bit later in the pics there's a series of shots showing Fantasy backing away from the docks and turning for the open sea.

http://jet25.hasweb.com/~paulcas/Freedom-2014-10/target30.html

Edited by Pellaz