Cruising for 1rst time on Magic, Nov 5th!

3swimmers

Hi!

We are a family of 5 that will be taking our first cruise ever on the Disney Magic, sailing on Nov 5th, on the Western Caribbean Route. I have 3 children - a girl, aged 13, a girl aged 11, and a boy aged 9. I'd love to hear suggestions about each port, especially Cozumel. Also, do most teens book the teen excursion in Castaway Cay? Let me know if you are also taking this cruise! Thanks for your input and suggestions!:)

WOW,

Your first DCL cruise. We have done 7 and have 3 more booked.

Sorry we are not with you, but Your going to have a Magical time!!!

Lots of the teens do the teens only excursion at all the ports. But it depends on the kids, some really would rather stay with parents. The teens only club "The Stack" is really great. So much for them to do and the counselors are great at making them feel at ease and to be able to get aquainted with each other.

Your younger kids will have their own Navigator (newspaper) t list allthe great things they can do too. Our grandaughter was 11 when we took her the last time and she loved Ghost stories on the secret deck (deck 7). Of course they had pizza parties, movies, karoake etc....

Studio Sea is a family nightclub on deck 5, be sure and check it out. Your whole family can do cool stuff together. The game such as Walk the Plank and Who wants to be a Mousketeer are really fun.

Of course , there is pirates night too. It was the best deck party we have ever done on DCL. Dressing like a pirate was really fun and there was so many things going on at the party, which actually starts at dinner where you dress like a pirate to start the night off right. Keep it on until after the party on deck 9 and the buffet! YUM! YUM!

If you have any specific questions that I might be able to help you with, please ask. We have cruised with kids from 18 months to 14 years of age, so we do have some experience with a little bit of everything on board.

Have a Magical cruise,

mom x4, grandma x4

Wow - 7 cruises and 3 more booked! Have you done the Western Caribbean route? What port excursions did you do? We are thinking of booking the snorkeling at the wreck in Grand Caymans. My son, aged 9, is very afraid of the stingrays, which is what most people seem to do. Did any of your teens do the Castaway Cay excursion? I'm thinking of signing my 13 yr old daughter up for that one. How about shopping in Cozumel? Are there any good stores for Mexican handicrafts? Did you go to a beach on your own there? Thanks for your help - mct (3swimmers)

Howdy 3 swimmers,

I'm sorry we havnt done the western cruise yet, we are going 12/17/05. We have done the Eastern a few times and the short 3 and 4 day cruises.

The teens with us are going to do the teen excursions on Castaway Cay this December, but they were too busy doing all the other stuff on CC to do that excursion last time, so I really can't say about it, other than hearing other kids talking on board, they loved it! Since you are going a month before us maybe you will have to tell me about the excursions on the Western.

If you think your kids would like to get to know others on your cruise or if you'd like to meet fellow cruisers ahead of time go to www.dcltribute.com Just follow the prompts and you will find your cruise on that message board and just sign in and visit the site. We always have 20 to 50 people who communicate ahead of time with other cruisers and the kids love to use the private messaging they have. So they can chat with each other privately. Just post their age and gender and ask for other kids to respond and they will make several friends ahead of time which can really make the cruise extra fun for them and you too.

mom x4,grandma x4

Hello again,

I will definately try that suggestion. My 13 year old daughter is especially interested in meeting some of her fellow teens before she goes. I have also gone to the dis.board, and have connected with a few people there. I will keep you posted on what I liked and how our cruise goes! Good luck in December.

MCT

I'll be looking forward to hearing a cruise report from you!!!

I still get butterflies of excitement in my stomach when I get close to my cruise. You'd think after 7 cruises The excitement would of died down some, but I get more excited now than the first time. Guess that;s because i know what lies ahead, although every trip is different.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived