Princess Pelicans - kids club for 3-7 years old

redxpanda

We recently returned from our first cruise with Princess Cruises. We had our 3 year old daughter with us and she LOVED the Pelican Club. I wrote up a short review, with pics and a scan of the weekly schedule they gave us. You can see my review here.

If you have questions, feel free to ask, I'll try to check back to answer them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this. We just got off the Ncl getaway with our 3 1/2 y/o twins. Enjoyed it very much. DW and I like NCL very much, but pre kids we loved Princess but have been hesitant with kids b/c we didn't know how "kid friendly" it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this. We just got off the Ncl getaway with our 3 1/2 y/o twins. Enjoyed it very much. DW and I like NCL very much, but pre kids we loved Princess but have been hesitant with kids b/c we didn't know how "kid friendly" it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess is very kid friendly. Under 3s are allowed in the kid's room with a parent any time they're open, which is unlike most of the other lines. Over 3s get doted on because there usually aren't tons of kids on board. I sailed exclusively Princess quite a bit with my twins between the ages of 1 - 6 years old because it also was my favorite before kids. We always had a great time and my girls loved the kids club. After age 6, mine started preferring the ships with more bells and whistles., but I'd still choose Princess depending on the itinerary.

Best,

Mia

• 3 weeks later...
We recently returned from our first cruise with Princess Cruises. We had our 3 year old daughter with us and she LOVED the Pelican Club. I wrote up a short review, with pics and a scan of the weekly schedule they gave us. You can see my review here.

If you have questions, feel free to ask, I'll try to check back to answer them.

Thank you so much for this! I am so excited to read all the good news. We are leaving in a few days for the Crown with a 3 & 7 year old so your review was extremely timely for us! Thanks for taking the time! BTW, I agree, the timing of the closure is an issue for dining. Very strange why they do that? Especially since we want to try to do the Chef's table, don't know how that timing is going to work out if we are lucky enough to get in.

BTW, I agree, the timing of the closure is an issue for dining. Very strange why they do that? Especially since we want to try to do the Chef's table, don't know how that timing is going to work out if we are lucky enough to get in.

You are very welcome, I try to give back to these boards where I can!

For what's worth, this week I randomly came across a paragraph on the Princess website that said they encourages families with kids in the clubs to book anytime dining! That was the only mention I've seen like that.

Turns out most cruise line kids clubs shut down like this, so we will stick to anytime dining in the future and make a reservation if we want the same table each night.

We always get late traditional (aside from the time we didn't clear the waitlist and had anytime, which we didn't care for at all) so the timing worked out for us. If our girl wanted to have some pizza or a hot dog, we would take her over to the poolside venues (else the Horizon) to feed her. Then we'll take her to the kids' area on the way to our dinner seating. We would just have to make sure to collect her by 10, unless we had signed her up for the post 10 pm kidsitting (the fee is pro-rated so you can use it for just a short time if you want a leisurely dinner; we've found they tended to have a grace period too).