Sydney Trains, Ferries, and MyMulti Pass

jarand

I'd just like to clarify a few things on the MyMulti passes. We will be there a week, and plan to use ferries. So as I read, we'll need the MyMulti 2. I just want to be sure that it will be good for the Manly ferry and the Blue Mountains train?

Also, if I understand correctly it will NOT be good for the airport train into town. I've read that you can take the Bus 400 to an off-airport stop, then catch the train using the MyMulti pass. How much of a hassle is this? I'm all for saving money, but if it's a huge extra hassle, the $16 for the direct train ticket may be worth it.

We will take the train to Central station, then we have about a 10-12 minute walk to our hotel. We'll probably do that, but if we should decide to get a taxi, any speculation about how much it might be? We're on 6 Campbell street, less than a mile away.

Thanks!

I'd just like to clarify a few things on the MyMulti passes. We will be there a week, and plan to use ferries. So as I read, we'll need the MyMulti 2. I just want to be sure that it will be good for the Manly ferry and the Blue Mountains train?

Also, if I understand correctly it will NOT be good for the airport train into town. I've read that you can take the Bus 400 to an off-airport stop, then catch the train using the MyMulti pass. How much of a hassle is this? I'm all for saving money, but if it's a huge extra hassle, the $16 for the direct train ticket may be worth it.

We will take the train to Central station, then we have about a 10-12 minute walk to our hotel. We'll probably do that, but if we should decide to get a taxi, any speculation about how much it might be? We're on 6 Campbell street, less than a mile away.

Thanks!

if you check out the city rail link it should have some information you need http://www.sydneytrains.info/ and they have an Opal card in Sydney now but i dont know about that but i'll post the link too https://www.opal.com.au/

I would not get the 400 bus from the airport as you will end up at Bondi Junction. You would then need to get a train to Central. It could take up 1 1/2 hours to arrive at Central. There may be a shuttle to Central or get the train from the airport & pay $16. We live just near sydney airport.

The 400 bus going in the opposite direction (to Burwood) stops at Rockdale station, about 15 mins from domestic airport or 10 minutes from international. Trains run frequently to Central from Rockdale, it's about 20 minutes.

Ok guys for the record I work for state transit and am very often rostered for the 400 which goes from Bondi to Burwood return

If you want to save a bit from the international or domestic terminals you can get the Bondi Junction or Burwood service( just check the destination sign on top of the bus)

From the international get the Burwood service to Rockdale station (about 12 minutes)

from T 3 domestic get the Bondi service ( about 5 minutes) get off at Mascot Station then the train to Central.

Lots of pax do it this way ( trust me,lol)

If there is track work on day of arrival buses go straight into the city

And your multi pass should cover everything

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by GEcruzer

Thank you that was very helpful.

So from the Int'l terminal, I can use the MyMulti2 for the 400 Burwood bus to Rockdale; get off the bus at Rockdale and take the train into Central, still using the MyMulti2 pass with no additional fees. Correct?

Also, the MyMulti2 pass says it's good for ferries within 9kms, so that will take care of the ferry to Manly and the zoo?

I appreciate your help!

Jarand,

That's about right, I checked with the transport web site and your my multi 2 appears to be a good choice for your needs.

Sydney public transport is going through a change from paper tickets to the new opal pre paid system, so when you board the bus validate your ticket in the green ticket reader, there is always staff on hand at the train station to assist.

You should be just fine.

Enjoy all that Sydney has to offer

Cheers

Garry

Sent from my iPad using Forums

if you are going to the Blue Mountains, then I think the multi pass 3 would be the better option as I think multi pass 2 only goes as far west as Emu Plains. Also consider the new opal card. For this the maximum fare for any given day is AUD 15. Weekly maximum is AUD60. and after 8 trips the rest are free for that week. Also Sunday if you have not reached the 8 trips then the fare is AUD 2.50 all day. There are some conditions if you transfer from train and bus and also within the hour, however it is possible to get all eight trips up within the day and then the rest of the week is free,

Thanks Michael

I was going to mention OPAL, maybe that is a better fit if Jarand is doing so much travel.

You can purchase the OPAL card at the International terminal (Site 1-1082 International Terminal, Sydney International Airport, MASCOT NSW 2020 ) am guessing a newsagent?

Here is the OPAL link

https://www.opal.com.au/

Garry

Edited by GEcruzer