Dietary requirements

noosagirl

We probably need more information to be able to definitively answer this.

Celebrity has a Special Needs department which deals with such things as lactose intolerance, celiac, shellfish allergies, etc. But that's mostly about avoidance, not needing something special.

But a general rule of thumb is that they will not prepare any food you bring on board in any of their kitchens.

If you bring snacks, or special cereals, or things that don't require cooking, there is no problem.

But if you need something heated up, even if only in a microwave, they probably can't do that.

Can you tell us what special food you require?

I am celiac and allergic to dairy. I have yet to have an issue on board a ship (all RCCL). You are allowed to bring non-perishable items. I typically bring condiments such as gluten free soy sauce, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard etc.

We probably need more information to be able to definitively answer this.

Celebrity has a Special Needs department which deals with such things as lactose intolerance, celiac, shellfish allergies, etc. But that's mostly about avoidance, not needing something special.

But a general rule of thumb is that they will not prepare any food you bring on board in any of their kitchens.

If you bring snacks, or special cereals, or things that don't require cooking, there is no problem.

But if you need something heated up, even if only in a microwave, they probably can't do that.

Can you tell us what special food you require?

I eat 12 morello dark cherries (from a jar) each morning. They have the same anti inflammatory benefits as Celebrex, without the side effects. I am happy to bring my own and eat them in my stateroom.

and have enjoyed 11 cruises with varying levels of success in requesting vegan food. Just signed up for my 3rd Celebrity trip and these guys are about the best at getting me interesting vegan dishes. (Holland America did well too).

With Celebrity on my last two trips I notified them weeks in advance. On one trip the dinning room staff knew I was coming and presented me with a vegan menu each night! On the other, the notification got lost somewhere along the way, but they recovered nicely and had lots of choices for me the rest of the trip.

Been bringing food onto to ships since cruise #1 in 1998. Never any problem with that.

The real trick is to find a sympathetic dinning room manager. They'll usually go out of their way to help.