Price drops

Speedy55

This will be our first cruise and I have researched but can not find the answer. If I booked during the cruise week special if the fare drops do I get on board credit. I received 50% off deposit and 50 obc through the sale. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It depends on how you booked. Most likely you are not booked as Early Saver (ES). So the only way you can get a price drop is before final payment. And with this, basically your current booking is canceled and you are rebooked. But note, you will probably have to pay a full deposit, depending on the current sale.

Hope this helps.

This will be our first cruise and I have researched but can not find the answer. If I booked during the cruise week special if the fare drops do I get on board credit. I received 50% off deposit and 50 obc through the sale. Thank you in advance.

I will try to answer the best I can. If you booked Early Saver, then there would be a good chance, that you would be able to get the price drop, but here comes the down side. If I'm correct if you do apply and receive the drop, then it puts you in another "booking", you would still be Early Saver, but you would lose the 50% off deposit and pay the whole deposit, and may lose the 50 obc. We just received a price drop for our cruise in Dec. and received a 70 dollar obc for the room under early saver, and had a couple of people that had the 50% deposit, and they had to pay the rest. We were told if we had another price drop, it would need to be more then 70. cause it would put us under a different booking and the room credit would go away. Maybe someone else may have the correct answer if I'm wrong. If you booked thru carnival, you can call and ask to make sure.

Maybe this helps.

Thank you so much for the replies. I will watch for a lower fare and then pass on to my TA. I just didn't want to see a lower fare than not qualify. My final payment date is in April.