Nursery During First Dinneer Seating - RCl?

lacell

Hi. I'm new to the board and excited to be here :)! I am sailing on Liberty of the Seas this December with my parents, husband and 3 kids (age 5, 3 and 2). I'm trying to get more info on nursery hours. RCl won't give me any detailed info. I saw on a sample schedule of Adventure Ocean, that they close between noon and 2:00 and 5:00 and 7:00 pm. Does the nursery do the same thing or is it open during both dinner seatings? Also, I saw that they offer a program for the Adventure Ocean kids during the lunch time for a fee, Lunch and Dine I think it was called. Do they do that for dinner too and is it every night? Right now we are signed up for late seating. I would really like to do early seating, but not if that means we don't have the option to eat with just the adults. I do not want to do the My Family Time Dining thing. Has anyone been on this ship recently and remember the nursery hours. I know it can vary, but I double it would change much.

Hi. I'm new to the board and excited to be here :)! I am sailing on Liberty of the Seas this December with my parents, husband and 3 kids (age 5, 3 and 2). I'm trying to get more info on nursery hours. RCl won't give me any detailed info. I saw on a sample schedule of Adventure Ocean, that they close between noon and 2:00 and 5:00 and 7:00 pm. Does the nursery do the same thing or is it open during both dinner seatings? Also, I saw that they offer a program for the Adventure Ocean kids during the lunch time for a fee, Lunch and Dine I think it was called. Do they do that for dinner too and is it every night? Right now we are signed up for late seating. I would really like to do early seating, but not if that means we don't have the option to eat with just the adults. I do not want to do the My Family Time Dining thing. Has anyone been on this ship recently and remember the nursery hours. I know it can vary, but I double it would change much.

I will help, and SmileyPerry can fill in on the gaps - she has used nursery a few times now.

Nursery has same hours as AO. I think while it's closed, they do open house for parents to,play with their children in the nursery, but I think it might be open between 5 and 7pm, so only closed noon to 2pm. Not sure about that. The lunch dining is only offered on port days when AO is open during lunch time. On my last cruise, my son did this and I think they took them over to Park Cafe to get some food,, and then they brought it back to AO to eat (he had pizza). To be honest, I thought this was free, but they may charge on Liberty because I think they take them over to Johnny Rockets, which has a fee. In the evenings, you can sign kids up for Adventure Dining, drop off is usually around 6pm, and they take kids to WJ, Park Cafe, or maybe JR for dinner.

We did MFTD on our last cruise, and it did not work for us. First, early dining was at 5:30, which was way too early. Our son was just one month shy of four, and although he had stopped taking naps at home, started to take them on the ship - late naps, like. 3-5pm. I think it was all that sea air, sun, and playing in the pool..lol, so we had to rush to dinner the first night. Second, he hated the MDR - too noisy and too many people. He asked to leave before we finished our main course. We tried to go back on the second night, and he refused to even go in, so we ate at WJ the rest of the cruise. But, if he had liked it, they are supposed to rush his food out to him, so he can leave for AO about 45 minutes after early dinner starts. The AO staff wait outside the MDR, collect the children and walk them up to AO.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app