balcony cabins on Thomson Celebration

We have booked our first cruise on Thomson Celebration and have booked a balcony cabin.I can't find any information (other than on Thomsons own site),and wonder if anyone has any hints and tips.Where could I see some photos,how roomy are the cabins,is it quiet late at night?

We are a couple in our 60s and have travelled quite a bit but as I said this is our first cruise.We will cruise for a week then have a week in Ocean 2 in Barbados.Will we be better taking a taxi rather than the coach when we disembark?What time will we leave the ship?

Will welcome any feedback,either on the cruise,the hotel or Barbados.

many thanks in advance.

Have you booked any of the six new balcony cabins that were constructed when the cinema was converted quite recently ?

Numbers 251, 253, 255, 257, 259 and 261 - deck 5, starboard side, forward - and relatively secluded.

We had a quick look around 261 after it was vacated yesterday - very nice - large (king size ?) bed, decent balcony and modern furniture etc.

Can't comment on the higher deck balcony cabins, never had a chance to see any.

We have booked our first cruise on Thomson Celebration and have booked a balcony cabin.I can't find any information (other than on Thomsons own site),and wonder if anyone has any hints and tips.Where could I see some photos,how roomy are the cabins,is it quiet late at night?

We are a couple in our 60s and have travelled quite a bit but as I said this is our first cruise.We will cruise for a week then have a week in Ocean 2 in Barbados.Will we be better taking a taxi rather than the coach when we disembark?What time will we leave the ship?

many thanks in advance.[/quotei

If you are on FB, there is a Thomson Celebration (unofficial) group; you have to request to join but there are lots of photos of the ship, some of the cabins & some of the balconies on there. Is it deck 5 balcony or deck 9 you have booked?

Thank you.

I think our cabin number is 10.

Unfortunately I don't go on FB. (too many family members,so I'm better not knowing what's going on.)

Any other advice will be welcome.

You could always join as a pseudonym & only use it for the Crusie Groups; quite a few from here have done so; you can gain an awful lot of information from it and lots of photos - there is a Thomson Cruise Group as well as Thomson Celebration & Thomson also have their own official page there too. I have quite a few photos of the balconies that I took onboard in April & lots of other photos of the ship from previous crusies too but I have never been able to post photos onto here I'm afraid.

many thanks in advance.

Presuming you're on a cruise and stay package with Thomson, they will provide a coach transfer between the airport, ship and hotel when needed, and is nearly always reliable. You could take a taxi if you wished, but it would be at your own further expense.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a balcony cabin on The Celebration at Easter this year (we had booked 15 months in advance when it wasn't a balcony cabin but Thomson honoured the booking at no extra charge) Off the top of my head I think it was 016....

Cabin size was very good, quiet in the corridors at night and we only occasionally heard people in the adjoining cabin. The balcony came with 2 chairs and table but no sun loungers. But had room to move around, on our last day when we kept the cabin for late checkout we put 2 towels down on the balcony floor and managed a bit of sunbathing. Yes the balcony can be overlooked but it wasn't a problem, we weren't topless or suchlike. :rolleyes: