Carnival Legend any tips?

We are just off the Tassie 4 day sailing.

I was warned about the unattractive decor but still got a shock. It is brutally ugly, I read a review that described it as being decorated by a Colombian drug lord with no taste, unlimited funds and an obsession with Ancient Greece...that sums it up pretty well but it was still a shock. Think 1970's Las Vegas and you will get an idea. Having said that there are some lovely areas, the promenade deck is gorgeous and the adults Serenity pool area is very nice indeed.

We had an aft balcony cabin. It was smaller than I would have expected and the balcony was small compared to most aft balconies, the bathroom was quite a good size and the shower generous albeit with a curtain. The decor of the cabin was 1980's project home pink.

There were lots of arranged trivia and quiz type activities and shows to keep everyone busy. They have attempted to Australianise the activities.

We found the food in the MDR better than Princess or RCCL, the Indian curry options are all very good. Very few options off vegetarians though. ( we aren't vegetarian but noticed the lack of choices) the buffet is confusing, crowded and very difficult to navigate at busy times, food looked very ordinary although the sandwiches I tried were excellent.

We enjoyed our Tassie long weekend but would not choose Carnival again. For us there are a lot better options out there at competitive prices.

Edited by 3littlepigs
Spelling

Tearbear,

Although I haven't sailed carnival, I can suggest you get involved with everything you can!

Farm the kids off( if that's available )

Get a drinks package

Bring some lanyards

You don't have to eat everything you see

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My advice would be too late. You've already booked and paid.

Post your impressions of the cruise here when you get back.

They might have drinks packages in the US but as far as I could determine they don't have them on cruises from Australia.

Don't go by anything you see about Carnival from the US because they change many rules when sailing out of Australia. :mad:

Sorry, no drink packages for Spirit or Legend cruising from Australia :(

Edited by LuckiePuris