Traveling with kids' friends on the Monarch

I'm taking a cruise on the Monarch of the Seas in October. It's a bunch of family members, and my daughters were wondering if they could take some friends. Now, we've already booked our cabins, but I was hoping to add a cabin with two of my daughters friends.

My question is... if they're both 18 and 19 staying in the cabin, would I be able to cross reference the bookings so that I could say that I am their guardian for the trip, or would there have to be an adult in the cabin 25+?

I would call RCCL to ask them, but its 1:35 am and my kids are dying for an answer.

yes they will need someone 25 or older in their cabin. you can split them up on paper and then sleep where you want. say...yourself and your dtr driend and your DH and daughter together. we had family that had to do that in a few cabins on our recent sailing. it just complicated sea pass accounts a little when boarding.

Since you already have your booking, it may cost you to change names in the cabin. I would call RCI, or the travel agent who originally booked you to make this reservation for you. From what the website and brochure say, the under-age room has to be next to, or adjacent to your room.

Good luck and have fun on your cruise!

Archived