SliceofLife's GETAWAY REVIEW (including pictures, MDR menu's and more!)

SliceOfLife

What a wonderful, well organized review. You take great pictures! I had a great time on the Getaway, and this takes me right back. I loved the pics of the fruit carving. That is something I never would have considered attending, but I might make a point of it next time. My son would love that.

That stinks that the weather was crappy at Nassau!

Recently several reviewers who take weeks to post complete reviews argued that it can't be done all at once. I tried to explain how it actually can, but having someone demonstrate it so well makes it so much better. Thanks!

The fruit carving was really cool, I am so glad we attended it.

Thank you, I agree, I am not a fan of the reviews that take days even not weeks to go through because the reviewer has not posted up everything.

You just need to be organized and allot some time to get it done. I worked on the written review for awhile, then I sorted my pictures into folders for each day, and then decided which ones to upload to photobucket. After that was I done I sat down and posted away (taking a break for breakfast).

Your review and pictures were amazing! I wish my sail date was closer.....

Question....Did you purchase anything from Carlos Bakery? If so, was it expensive? Was it good? Reason I'm asking is I did try his NYC bakery...very overpriced and not as tasty as I would have thought! 😝

Thanks for the great review!!!

No I did not, but I did on the Breakaway. I tried the cannoli and the lobster tail. I think they were $3 and $2.75 each. The lobster tail was amazing.. the cannoli was just eh. Someday I am going to try one of those ridiculous looking cupcakes!

Thanks for your great review! Which slide is faster- orange or red? Is it too fast for an 8 year old or her chicken mother?😛

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I think they're about the same, they're the most popular slide with a decent line. Not too scary... the freefall slides are scary!!! Lol.

Hi all!

Hi Steven!:D

Thanks for the great prompt review. Loved the Getaway & reliving my cruise through you.

Did they have the "Dancing with the Getaway Stars" & "Wine Lovers the Musical" on your cruise? They both were a lot of fun on mine.

Is Zac still onboard, tall thin, hyper CD staff member? Love him!

How did you find the 3 latest NCL ships compare? I think Epic is still my fav.

Thanks again.

~ Jo ~:)

Hi Jo,

Yes, they had Wine Lovers the Musical and Dancing with the Getaway Stars. I did not attend either show, but I did go to Burn the Floor.

Hmm.. I don't think Zac was onboard, we went to enough events with CD staff I think I would remember someone like that.

I loved the Epic and the Breakaway and Getaway are so similar and I loved them too. It's hard to pick a favorite. The Breakaway takes the best of the Epic and adds to it. I would sail all three again in a heartbeat!

I like the tip about paying for the internet to print boarding passes the last day to avoid the full service line. Thank you! We will be flying home the Sunday after thanksgiving out of FLL so I know it will be a madhouse.

I don't remember what the per minute rate is if you don't have an internet plan, but it would be worth every penny! It will most certainly be insane at the airport!! I'm glad this will help you out. :)

I was on the same roll call and cruise with you. Your screen sounded familiar but it wasn't until I watch an episode of dexter tonight did I realize where I heard it before. I[emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Not too many people figure out the screen name reference :D

I was not super active within the roll call as I was in prior cruises. I hope you enjoyed your cruise!!

Great review!!! I smiled as I read your review about the boat. Thank goodness we were in the back of the boat. I will take the wet over the bumping anytime. It was great meeting you guys!!!

Thank you! I agree, I am so thankful we were told it was smooth in the back and bumpy in the front. I would have died in the front!! It was great meeting you too. It was so nice to be on an excursions with a lot of really cool people!

What an excellent review. Perfect blend of details about the shows and dining, combined with really good photography. I really appreciated the photos of the menus. My husband and I have booked a cabin on this ship for two weeks, this winter, and we are really getting excited. Reading such an informative review, such as yours, only makes us look forward to it more! Thank you very much for taking the time to do it, in one fell swoop. It's so much more enjoyable to read, that way.

Happy future sailings to you and your husband.

GetawayCruise123_zps06f9a462.jpg

GetawayCruise124_zps68a22bbc.jpg

GetawayCruise126_zps192eb331.jpg

GetawayCruise127_zps81700ee3.jpg

GetawayCruise128_zps037964ec.jpg

Back in June on the Breakaway Bermuda sailing, my g/f and myself ate at Teppenyaki on the last night of the sailing. We were seated first, then a family of 4 after us. After them, 3 more sat down......Lebo and his brother Dan LeBatard of Highly Questionable on ESPN along with their mother. Lebo sat in the seat directly to my right. Both had quite the personalities, and we had enjoyable conversation.

Lebo told us that NCL pays for him to sail aboard their ships and sell his artwork. He was going to Europe 2 weeks after our sailing on another NCL vessel. Both guys seemed very down to earth, and actually would continue conversations throughout the dinner. It was surprising bonus to the meal.

Nice review--thanks! Gotta ask about your maple syrup comments: is there no maple syrup onboard? For me it's a must-have for waffles/pancakes/french toast. Sounds like you're also a fan! ;) Should I add that to the packing list?

I read horror stories a few months back about the syrup change to something that was just awful. Previously there was no true maple syrup, it was similar to Log Cabin or a imitation maple. I don't know what the new stuff is now, I was going to chance is after the reviews and threads I have read.

Play it safe and bring your own :)

What an excellent review. Perfect blend of details about the shows and dining, combined with really good photography. I really appreciated the photos of the menus. My husband and I have booked a cabin on this ship for two weeks, this winter, and we are really getting excited. Reading such an informative review, such as yours, only makes us look forward to it more! Thank you very much for taking the time to do it, in one fell swoop. It's so much more enjoyable to read, that way.

Happy future sailings to you and your husband.

Thanks for all the compliments. I really appreciate it! I'm glad the review helped you out with planning your cruise! I am so jealous, two weeks on the Getaway!! You'll be able to do and see so much! I really wanted to make it to craft time but never got the chance.

Did you see my other post with the freestyle dailies? The link is in my signature.

Really great review. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Gorgeous pics. Actually, your Breakaway review helped me very much in planning our trip last July.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Thank you so much! That is awesome my Breakaway review helped you plan your cruise :) I hope you had a great time on your cruise!