Gem-Nov 9 sailing ?s

Loren0717

Good afternoon

We're thinking about booking the nov 9 sailing frm nyc bc of how cheap it is but have a few ?s

How is it sailing in the cold? (We've always sailed during the summer)

Are the seas really rough?

Have a 3 yr- are many kids sailing during this time?

Are you able to rent a car at the port in orlando?

Tell me what you love best about sailing in nov & this ship!

Thanks so much!

Have not sailed from northeast in Nov. yet. We love the Gem though, the crew was one of the best ever last year. Why don't you join our roll call, the folks on this are very helpful. I'm sure somebody has rented a car in Orlando before and maybe even has sailed in Nov. from NYC.

We are looking at the exact same cruise. We sailed with RCL out of New York about 10 years ago in October. Spectacular port of departure. It all comes down to the weather that day - could be freezing or unseasonably warm. But lots to do inside. We have 5 and 8 yo boys so might see you there!

You can rent a car in Port Canaveral/Orlando. We're deciding on Space Centre or shopping. I think it's a bit pricey to try to add on Disney on this trip for such a rushed day.

We are on this cruise, I am Grandma but I am bringing my DD and her family, which consists of DH and 2 kids, 3 yr DD and 19 mo. old DS.

I am through CAS and in the tournament. We plan on sending the 3 year old to the kids club and hope she likes it. She goes to preschool at home and loves that.

As for the weather I don't know about the coldness going down the coast but once we hit the Florida area I expect it to be pretty nice. Never been on the GEM but have been on her sister ships and they are all lovely.

Good afternoon

We're thinking about booking the nov 9 sailing frm nyc bc of how cheap it is but have a few ?s

Thanks so much!

We sailed the Gem out of NYC for thanksgiving 2 years ago....LOVED IT. Was not rough but not lake sailing either for 1 day. At sail away you can expect cold but when you wake up the next day all is good! We love the ease of sailing at of NYC living close to the port, we just got off the BA and love the Gem better. Bigger is not always better. I think as far as kids you have to consider what school vacations are going on at the time of your sailing to determine that, obviously you will have more on the thanksgiving week.

Good afternoon

Thanks so much!

We cruised the Gem from NYC to the Caribbean last November 16.

Obviously, the weather is unpredictable. However, we left NYC on Sunday and were soaking in the outdoor heated pool on Deck 12 by Monday. The Caribbean beaches were mostly sun soaked with water temps in the eighties. One day at Megan's Bay (St Thomas) was some what rainy.

We felt the best thing about this cruise was the freestyle - enjoy the cruise at your own pace.