Fantasy Spa/Rainforest

JesusuUK

If we want a day pass to visit the spas, can we reserve them online? Or is that something we have to do once on the ship?

To those that have been already, was it worth it?

13 days and counting!

bill

-----------------------------------------

Disney Fantasy - November '14

Disney Magic - November '13

Coral Princess - August '09

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - May '08

Holland America Oosterdam - March '06

Carnival Fantasy - March '99

You can purchase single day passes on line (look under "gifts" on the web site.) These are the standard $15 +$1 handling passes. On board you can upgrade them to the "enhanced" package with the scrubs if you wish.

THe rainforest on the Fantasy is MUCH nicer than on the classic ships. It's at least worth trying once. If you like it, consider a multi day pass next cruise (or later this cruise).

The rainforest on Fantasy was one of the best parts of the cruise for us!

We couldn't decide before boarding. We asked the concierge and they said there was no rush, plenty of passes woud be available. We toured the spa the first day, the sales pitch. It loked pretty good but i didn't bite until after the first port day for us, when I was exhausted and just needed a break. Can I even say how much I love it? DH got one the next day, and I purchased a day pass every day after.

The heated tile loungers were my sanctuary. There is so much to do on the fantasy that I was overwhelmed. But those heated tile loungers and the view of the ocean passing . . .

my experience has been the RF day passes were no longer available when I got on the Dream/Fantasy. Could be because it is so much nicer than the older ships that the one days get bought out fast.

Just to be safe, but one online then you will know you have at least one day. I have been doing that ever since I couldn't get a one day pass on one of my cruises. I am leaving Sunday for another cruise and I bought 2 RF passes.

The rainforest on Fantasy was one of the best parts of the cruise for us!

We couldn't decide before boarding. We asked the concierge and they said there was no rush, plenty of passes woud be available. We toured the spa the first day, the sales pitch. It loked pretty good but i didn't bite until after the first port day for us, when I was exhausted and just needed a break. Can I even say how much I love it? DH got one the next day, and I purchased a day pass every day after.

The heated tile loungers were my sanctuary. There is so much to do on the fantasy that I was overwhelmed. But those heated tile loungers and the view of the ocean passing . . .

Maybe because they were on the concierge level.

In my experience, whether they are selling single day passes on board depends on how many they have sold, which ship, AND the fact that they basically never say no to concierge.

7 night Fantasy--they claimed to be not selling single day because they were "too busy," but they were happy to sell me a 3 day pass. VERY odd. If there are too many people wanting to use the space, how is it better for me to use it 3 times?

Magic--no problem getting single day.

Note--neither of these involved a concierge booking.

That's so weird. So, the only way to get a day pass it to call an 800 number and order a gift for myself? That seems so archaic.

-----------------------------------------

Disney Fantasy - November '14

Disney Magic - November '13

Coral Princess - August '09

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - May '08

Holland America Oosterdam - March '06

Carnival Fantasy - March '99

Been on Fantasy twice. First time I bought a day pass. Second time I ran to buy a weeklong pass right after boarding. I used it daily.

I also used the locker room to clean up for dinner to give DW and DD a little space in the cabin.

Next time I might skip the weeklong pass but will certainly go more than one day.

7 night Fantasy--they claimed to be not selling single day because they were "too busy' date='" but they were happy to sell me a 3 day pass. VERY odd. If there are too many people wanting to use the space, how is it better for me to use it 3 times?

Magic--no problem getting single day..[/quote']

that is exactly what happened to me, but on the Dream.

While they always sell "length of cruise" passes, they often also sell 3, 4, or 5 day passes on a 7 night cruise. You get to choose your days. These are not as discounted as a length of cruise, but will still save a little money over single day passes.[/quote

That's good to know.

Without the scrubs, a 7 night "length of cruise" pass was $99, a "couple's pass" was $159. A "couple" can be any 2 people--adult mother/daughter, sisters, husband and wife, or any combination you may create. Sorry don't remember price with the scrubs.

Bottom line--if you go every day, the length of cruise is a bargain. Miss one day and you'd be better off doing single days or 3/4 day passes. The kicker is that they don't always sell the 3 or 4s. It depends on how many longer passes they sell. They want the facility busy but not TOO busy.