Paying for ship's excursions?

Genessa

Hi,

4 of us are booked on the PoAm for next July. We usually cruise on a different line and although after reading all the posts here and on the Hawaii board we are probably going to be renting cars and going off on our own, I was wondering how booking the excursions works with regards to paying.

Are you charged when you book it, or does it get added to your ship board credit account or something completely different?

Thanks!

If you book them through NCL (or NCLA), they will get added to your shipboard account and you will pay for them when you settle your account at the end of the cruise.

If you want to offset that potential big bill a little, you can do what I have done for our upcoming cruise (we leave a week from tomorrow!!!:D ) - I purchased 5 $100 on-board credit certificates. Those you pay for ahead of time, so I basically paid $500 toward my excursions months ahead of time.

We've added an excursion in Wrangell so I will still owe something on the excursion price tag if all go off w/o a hitch (i.e. none get cancelled for one reason or another). But the bill will be a lot less than it would have otherwise...

JR

Hi,

4 of us are booked on the PoAm for next July. We usually cruise on a different line and although after reading all the posts here and on the Hawaii board we are probably going to be renting cars and going off on our own, I was wondering how booking the excursions works with regards to paying.

Are you charged when you book it, or does it get added to your ship board credit account or something completely different?

Thanks!

Excursions are charged to your shipboard account. Most can be pre-booked and cancelled up to 24 hours prior to the excursion.

thank you both! That is the same that we are used to, so it won't be too confusing to me. Helpful, since I can see I am going to have to spend some time deciding which of the wonderful choices we will do ;) .

Archived