Blue Lagoon/O'sheenan Breakfast menu

knitwitt44

Yes, you are right. The difference is that you get waited on in O'Sheehan's so it takes longer. However, there is the same food but 50 times more options in the buffet. I went to O'Sheehan's just once for an omelet. After that I continued to get them in the buffet since there are 10 times the ingredients from which to choose. And I could take a lot more of those delicious hash browns.

(I actually used the buffet in Flamingo Grill (Getaway) since it was never crowded).

Newbie here. Where is the buffet on Getaway? Is Sheehans free or a pay eatery?

Newbie here. Where is the buffet on Getaway? Is Sheehans free or a pay eatery?

NCL has pretty good info about restaurants, their prices and locations right on their website (buffet is called Garden Cafe):

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/onboard/dining#tab_detail

Also if you are interested of getting more information on all dining options, NCL has a Dining Guide also:

http://www.ncl.com/diningguide

Edited by Demonyte

NCL has pretty good info about restaurants, their prices and locations right on their website (buffet is called Garden Cafe):

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/onboard/dining#tab_detail

Also if you are interested of getting more information on all dining options, NCL has a Dining Guide also:

http://www.ncl.com/diningguide

This is informative, thank you. I only booked yesterday and sailing tomorrow so time is limited for research to a new cruiseline as well as a huge ship.

Unless you are staying in a suite, room service delivers only limited breakfast - coffee/tea/juice, fruits and cereals etc, no hot dishes available.

I took the chance one time and wrote: "Toasted bagel with smoked salmon, tomato, onion, and cream cheese - please and thank you!" It was delivered!

Harriet

I thank you all for the replies. I don't post too often. We enjoy a sit down breakfast without the hassle of a buffet and having a sit down breakfast in quiet. Glad O'Sheehan will have the same breakfast options.

No, O'Sheehan's definitely does not have the same breakfast options as the buffet. It has a very tiny, limited menu. All the things at O'Sheehan's can be found at the buffet, but the reverse certainly isn't true. That said, yes, it is a nice place for a sit down breakfast if you don't want to do the MDR or the buffet.

Edited by LrgPizza

Do not worry, there are a lot of people in the world that just need to hear their own voice in a discussion without first finding out what has already been discussed.

Come on, I can understand a bit better not reading a several hundred posts long thread over and over again before posting, but in this thread there were only TWO new posts between those duplicate posts.

If one absolutely needs to post again exactly what has been posted in thread already, at least acknowledge others for giving the exact same info before -- in this case that would have resulted said poster to realize their mistake before it even happened.

It really amazes me how few people here (or on most other web-based forums for that matter) understand or appreciate Netiquette anymore. As if internet would be a total anarchy where no rules or customs apply. Give me back good ol' active Usenet any day. :(

P.S. No need for personal attacks, namecalling, putting words in other people's mouths or guessing their motives when you don't know them and in fact actually do not have a clue.

Anyone else see the irony in the highlighted points above?

Anyone else see the irony in the highlighted points above?

I wasn't referring to the poster I replied to, I was talking in general, not referring to anybody specifically. If I was talking about for example the person I replied to, I would have used phrases like "a lot of people like you in the world" or something similar.

I'll give you that the "guessing their motives" might be a bit exaggerated on my part, but unfortunately the people I described in the first paragraph of that post really do exist. In quantities.

On this board one such poster explained their behaviour (ages ago, not related to this thread) with that they are so busy that they do not have time to read few pages of discussion that is already there, so they just ignore that and post what they have to say even though at that point what they had to say was totally irrelevant after those dozens of posts of discussion that had already moved on.