help me decide please

jlfawley

We are planning a cruise for spring break and we have it narrowed down to two cruises. Will be myself, dd 10, dd 17, dd 23 and 2yr old granddaughter. I have taken the western cruise a few times but never the eastern. Just not sure which to chose with a two year old.

Splendor..... 7 days

Nassau, st thomas, san juan, grand turk

Breeze.... 8 days

Nassau, st thomas, antigua, san juan

Splendor has dr suess but breeze looks like a great ship. Is one better than other for two year old? Is antigua or grand turk better? Please help..... opinions and advice much needed. Thanks so much

We're taking our two year old on a 6 day on Breeze next November. I would have loved to do the 8 day that you're talking about though. I think if I were given the option I'd choose Breeze.

I thought that Dr Seuss was on Breeze as well? Perhaps I'm mistaken though. I've read (no personal experience yet) that Antigua is a less common port than Grand Turk and I think that's the one I'd choose for that reason as well. As long as you think your granddaughter will do okay with one more sea day I'd go with the 8 day on Breeze. Good luck with whichever you choose. I'm sure others with more experience can give you more advice than me. :)

We are planning a cruise for spring break and we have it narrowed down to two cruises. Will be myself, dd 10, dd 17, dd 23 and 2yr old granddaughter. I have taken the western cruise a few times but never the eastern. Just not sure which to chose with a two year old.

Splendor..... 7 days

Nassau, st thomas, san juan, grand turk

Breeze.... 8 days

Nassau, st thomas, antigua, san juan

Splendor has dr suess but breeze looks like a great ship. Is one better than other for two year old? Is antigua or grand turk better? Please help..... opinions and advice much needed. Thanks so much

According to the Carnival website, Seuss is on both ships.

Antigua and Grand Turk are both great. If forced to pick, I would probably take Antigua, but it is really close to me.

If someone told me they wanted to try Carnival, I would point them to the Breeze hands down. Everyone will have plenty to do on the Breeze.

I've been trying to do some similar research. I couldn't help but notice how much more the Breeze was for the dates we were looking at. I think it is a combination of the extra day and the latest and greatest ship. The difference wasn't just 1/7 of the other options for the extra day.

For us we decided that we'd wait another year or two and maybe by the time Vista comes out the Breeze rates will come down a little. We would rather have the funds for excursions and things, but that's just us. MIL has done Breeze a number of times and swears by it!

:cool:Thanks for the responses. The price difference is about 80 per person. There will be five of us total. So wasnt sure if the four hundred dollars more it would cost me would be worth it just for the ship. Its one extra sea day. I really enjoy sea days, just not sure how it would be with a two year old. We have all cruised carnival and the older kids live camp carnival. I have been on glory twice, destiny, victory and another older ship. But never breeze or splendor.

Thanks so much for the feedback. So the breze is worth the extra money for the ship experience?

:cool:Thanks for the responses. The price difference is about 80 per person. There will be five of us total. So wasnt sure if the four hundred dollars more it would cost me would be worth it just for the ship. Its one extra sea day. I really enjoy sea days, just not sure how it would be with a two year old. We have all cruised carnival and the older kids live camp carnival. I have been on glory twice, destiny, victory and another older ship. But never breeze or splendor.

Thanks so much for the feedback. So the breze is worth the extra money for the ship experience?

If the extra day and you are curious about Breeze, then do it. A 2 y.o. won't care.