Beverage packages?

Granny pants

We are just back 3 weeks ago from a cruise on the Sun and my husband had the Ultimate Soda and More Deal with mocktails, juice, sodas etc. On the sheet we had to sign, it says in bold letters "Does not include milkshakes" - not sure what policy is on other ships.

Wow! That is a shocker! As I mentioned, I haven't sailed in 2 years but I did call Princess directly (~3 weeks ago) and specifically asked them if shakes were included in the sodas n more package on the Ruby, and they said yes. Of course, we have all had the experience of asking a question directly to the cruiseline and getting an inaccurate response, but this is surprising.

I am on hold with Princess right now to repeat the question.

If they no longer include shakes on this card, then that greatly reduces the value to me and my children, so I would probably downgrade to the sodas only card.

.......I just got off the phone again with Princess and the rep told me that the sodas n more card includes mocktails, juices, shakes and floats!

I don't know what to think anymore...

Has anyone else enjoyed shakes with the sodas n more card in recent weeks?

I would check on the Princess website. If it's says milkshakes and floats I would take a copy of this with you.

Hi Jackie, the online form I am looking at, http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/ , doesn't mention shakes at all for any package, even the AIBP, and that just can't be the case, can it?

AHA! I just noticed this disclaimer at the top of that list: "Please note product offerings and prices may vary on the following ships:

Dawn, Sea, and Sun Princess - All voyages

Diamond, Emerald, and Golden Princess - Voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand"

The cruiser who couldn't get the shakes just came off the Sun Princess, so that may explain the confusion.

Hi Jackie, the online form I am looking at, http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/ , doesn't mention shakes at all for any package, even the AIBP, and that just can't be the case, can it?

AHA! I just noticed this disclaimer at the top of that list: "Please note product offerings and prices may vary on the following ships:

Dawn, Sea, and Sun Princess - All voyages

Diamond, Emerald, and Golden Princess - Voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand"

The cruiser who couldn't get the shakes just came off the Sun Princess, so that may explain the confusion.

Calvin!! That's great news. Must get my kids drinking those milk shakes and getting their money's worth!! lol

I wonder why they don't do it on select ships??? Well, We are Good for this year's December cruise!!

So, does anyone have the definitive word on whether the Unlimited Soda & More package includes milkshakes (on those ships that make them)? I'll be on the Emerald soon, and that might be the difference between the Unlimited Soda and the Unlimited Soda & More packages for me. ;)

Calvin!! That's great news. Must get my kids drinking those milk shakes and getting their money's worth!! lol

I wonder why they don't do it on select ships??? Well, We are Good for this year's December cruise!!

Jennybenny,

Agreed. With the shakes, juices, and mocktails available, it makes the 'sodas n more' package well worth it for many of us.

I remember thinking, way back in 1997 when we first started cruising: why don't cruiseships just add, say $200 per person to the cost of the cruise and let everyone drink as much as they want? After all, cruising is an expensive experience so most people won't notice or care about a $200 increase in ticket prices.

I now realize that could open up a huge can of worms so I don't bother with that notion anymore. But I do love the fact that more of the premium/mass market cruiselines have the option to let individuals experience an all-inclusive drinking experience that is priced fairly.

IMO, if I have to debate over whether or not the experience is priced fairly, then it is probably pretty close to being fairly priced, lol. After all, if it cost less money, say $25 per day, it's a no-brainer decision!

Either way, I am grateful to be able to cruise and grateful that we have boards like this so that we can talk to people about our obsessions. My wife would probably divorce me if we didn't have these boards and I could bend only her ear over every little detail of the cruising experience.

Jennybenny,

Agreed. With the shakes, juices, and mocktails available, it makes the 'sodas n more' package well worth it for many of us.

I remember thinking, way back in 1997 when we first started cruising: why don't cruiseships just add, say $200 per person to the cost of the cruise and let everyone drink as much as they want? After all, cruising is an expensive experience so most people won't notice or care about a $200 increase in ticket prices.

I now realize that could open up a huge can of worms so I don't bother with that notion anymore. But I do love the fact that more of the premium/mass market cruiselines have the option to let individuals experience an all-inclusive drinking experience that is priced fairly.

IMO, if I have to debate over whether or not the experience is priced fairly, then it is probably pretty close to being fairly priced, lol. After all, if it cost less money, say $25 per day, it's a no-brainer decision!

Either way, I am grateful to be able to cruise and grateful that we have boards like this so that we can talk to people about our obsessions. My wife would probably divorce me if we didn't have these boards and I could bend only her ear over every little detail of the cruising experience.

Calvin, I agree with so much of what you are saying. :)

So happy there is an all inclusive option for drinks. I love that we have a choice. My choice would never be to not get it, but for those who don't want it, they don't have to pay for it, so great.

Then I love that we can prepay for things like gratuities, and excursions (If we really took any) and even on board spending. You can pay a little at a time to make the actual trip appear to be minimal. I prefer tricking myself that way. it's nicer on my budgeting and wallet. :D

And especially agree to the benefit of these boards. My husband too would want to toss be overboard if I didn't have a means to find things out and communicate with others about our cruising. It's nice to know what we are getting ourselves into with new ports, new experiences, and new things, and these boards provide that opportunity.

So all in all, this place is great!

I need vacation.... it's almost here!