Yet another Cheers question.. Top Shelf

mrneil001

I tried google searching for an answer and found several post that were pretty old. Some said yes, some said no...

Are you able to upgrade to top shelf for an extra cost? (using the $10 cheers credit per drink)

I understand the cheers program states "25% discount off the menu price for spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink." , but has anyone been able to find a way around it? Maybe tipping heavily ;) ?

Based on my experience (you can see my post from today), you can get a single with any liquor available if the price falls below $10. You can get any of Carnival's specialty drinks if the cost falls below $10. If you want to create your own cocktail, or upgrade a specialty drink (unless it already includes top shelf), prepared to be met with resistance.

It may have been because we were faced with less secure servers on the Fantasy, but I'm here to tell you there was no amount of schmoozing that was going to cause them to the bend the rules. They were downright afraid to color outside of the lines.

The also measured every pour....very carefully. That's not an issue for me because aside from the frozen cocktails I tend to be fully content with a single pour, but for others it may be an issue.