Eastern Caribbean Rain/storms??

bitsey66

November 15-22, Princess Cays, St Thomas, St Maarten & Grand Turk. My weather app shows rain now like every day! I know it's hurricane season but does anyone know if it just rains all the time at this time of year??? I don't want to be totally rained out :(

I know my weather app had rain on it last year in the Southern Caribbean but we didn't see a single drop! We went the same exact week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

November 15-22, Princess Cays, St Thomas, St Maarten & Grand Turk. My weather app shows rain now like every day! I know it's hurricane season but does anyone know if it just rains all the time at this time of year??? I don't want to be totally rained out :(

I know my weather app had rain on it last year in the Southern Caribbean but we didn't see a single drop! We went the same exact week.

After quick online research of Sint Maarten, I see an average of 12 rainy days per month for November, which is the highest of the year. Feb, Mar, April are the lowest at 9 rainy days per month. Bottom line: the Caribbean has rain all year. I was there in February and we got rain while plane-watching! It was still fun. I haven't lived in Pittsburgh, but Salt Lake rain is cold and windy compared to Caribbean rain. If it's not a hurricane, maybe the rain will be mild by comparison.

You have to realize that if it rains, even .01" it counts as a rainy day according to the computers.

Lol I like this response best! I watched the weather app all last year to, for Aruba & curaçao, it said rain also but didn't see one drop, not one gray cloud, nothing! It was PERFECT! Hoping for the same this time but knowing how far south we were, I do expect to see a little rain

• 5 months later...

I have sailed many times during hurricane season. Ships can sail around the storms. They know their general path. They are not going to expose a multi-billion dollar ship to damage, nor the passenger liability. Rain clouds do not hang around over an island generally. They are usually quick moving systems. (It's not like the northern states where giant rain systems hang around for days at a virtual standstill) When there is a hurricane in the Gulf or the Atlantic, the velocity of the hurricane pulls in all the clouds hanging around into it's vortex. I am a Florida native an some of the bluest skies I have ever seen have been right before and after a hurricane. I think it's a great time to sail! I am planning a September cruise as we speak!

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.